Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

I want to create a share FTPFiles.
I searched a lot and tried many configuration but I can't see the share.

I used many commands to show you all my config.
Could you help me to find where is my issue ?

https://pastebin.com/VJjMsh60
The permission and the ownership on /glftpd/site (777 root/root) need to stay like that.

Thanks you very much in advance for your help!

Sébastien

Re: Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:26:58 -0500
Sébastien Boulianne via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create a share FTPFiles.
> I searched a lot and tried many configuration but I can't see the
> share.
>
> I used many commands to show you all my config.
> Could you help me to find where is my issue ?
>
> https://pastebin.com/VJjMsh60
> The permission and the ownership on /glftpd/site (777 root/root) need
> to stay like that.
>
> Thanks you very much in advance for your help!
>
> Sébastien

Try removing the 'access based share enum' & 'valid users' lines from
[FTPFiles]
Also move the 'printcap name' & 'load printers' lines from wherever
they are to [global].

Re: Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Samba - General mailing list
Same...
Share is not listed...

Yes, I restarted the services. ;)

Sébastien Boulianne

Sébastien Boulianne via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create a share FTPFiles.
> I searched a lot and tried many configuration but I can't see the
> share.
>
> I used many commands to show you all my config.
> Could you help me to find where is my issue ?
>
> https://pastebin.com/VJjMsh60
> The permission and the ownership on /glftpd/site (777 root/root) need
> to stay like that.
>
> Thanks you very much in advance for your help!
>
> Sébastien

Try removing the 'access based share enum' & 'valid users' lines from [FTPFiles] Also move the 'printcap name' & 'load printers' lines from wherever they are to [global].

Re: Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:38:40 -0500
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Same...
> Share is not listed...
>
> Yes, I restarted the services. ;)

Are the Samba deamons running: smbd, nmbd and winbind ?

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 15:38 -0500, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:

> Same...
> Share is not listed...
>
> Yes, I restarted the services. ;)
>
> Sébastien Boulianne

Your configuration will only accept connections from a user called
FTPFiles so you might want to verify that user account.  Is it an AD
user?

If you have AD -> Unix users setup correctly (winbind NSS), you could
use su to switch to that account and check if it can access the
directory on the file system.

You don't show the permissions on /glftpd - is is at least o=rx?

I suggest you start with something like this:

[shared]
        path       = /srv/shared
        comment    = Shared data
        read only  = no
        browseable = yes

With permissions explicitly set for the user and group.  Get that
working first.  Then change *one* thing and test it, at a time until
you get to where you want to be.

Cheers
Jon

Re: Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

root@filesrv:/# service smbd status
smbd is running.
root@filesrv:/# service nmbd status
nmbd is running.
root@filesrv:/# service winbind status
winbind is running.

So yes ;)

Sébastien

Are the Samba deamons running: smbd, nmbd and winbind ?

Re: Problem configuring a Samba share! :(

Please check my answer below. ;)

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 15:38 -0500, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:

> Same...
> Share is not listed...
>
> Yes, I restarted the services. ;)
>
> Sébastien Boulianne

-- How do you see that ?

If you have AD -> Unix users setup correctly (winbind NSS), you could use su to switch to that account and check if it can access the directory on the file system.
--- Here is my nsswitch.conf. https://pastebin.com/95f6LVq4

You don't show the permissions on /glftpd - is is at least o=rx?
-- Perms are drwxr-xr-x  13 root root 4.0K Nov 27 17:36 glftpd

I suggest you start with something like this:

[shared]
        path       = /srv/shared
        comment    = Shared data
        read only  = no
        browseable = yes

With permissions explicitly set for the user and group.  Get that working first.  Then change *one* thing and test it, at a time until you get to where you want to be.
--- How can I set the permissions explicitly for the user and group ?

Cheers on