Quantcast

Printing from Windows to Samba very slow, but copying is fast

Printing from Windows to Samba very slow, but copying is fast

Samba - General mailing list
Hi all,

Does anyone else see a problem where point-and-click printing from Windows
to Samba printserver is super slow?

Like, you submit a 100Kb image to print, this image becomes 10Mb PostScript
job, and that job is getting spooled veeeeery slowly to the server.
Checking the progress on the Windows client would show the spooling speeds
about 50Kb/s.

At the same time, if I copy a file from Windows client to Samba, it's
lightning fast. 100 Mb in a couple of seconds.

Tested on Samba 4.3.12, 4.5.7 Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 7 and Windows 10
clients.

I'm just curious of it is only my system, or everyone else has the same
issue?

--
-Alex