Plug computer

Samba - linux mailing list
I daydreamed of such.
" The DreamPlug is a small robust product which draws under 5 watts of
power, and can handle the most demanding of tasks."
http://www.spinifex.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=208

I hated an open source mobile phone. So I thought that a weak machine
wouldn't appeal!

{
Marvell Sheeva core 1.2GHz speed...
Debian Lenny
Linux 2.6.33.6 Kernel
}
Are those specs "unpatched vulnerabilities"? Is the strange processor
invincible?

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/

Re: Plug computer

Samba - linux mailing list
> {
> Marvell Sheeva core 1.2GHz speed...
> Debian Lenny
> Linux 2.6.33.6 Kernel
> }
> Are those specs "unpatched vulnerabilities"?

"In fact, in a presentation at Linux Security Summit 2016, Kees Cook
highlighted two examples of critical security vulnerabilities in the
Linux kernel: one being present in kernel versions from 2.6.1 all the
way to 3.15, the other from 3.4 to 3.14."...

"45.5% of the respondents said that updates were never being deployed to
their products."

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/key-considerations-software-updates-embedded-linux-and-iot

Are such embedded devices then unusable?
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/