Permissions Roaming Profile

Samba - General mailing list
Hello Community,

i would like to configure roaming profiles with my samba4 dc. Im using
this documenation:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles

Below the topic "Profile share using Windows ACLs", the first step ist
setup a share named "Profiles". What specific share permissions ( not
ACLs) must be applied for a the "Profiles" share?

Best regards,

Micha

Re: Permissions Roaming Profile

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 09:16:21 +0100
Micha Ballmann via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Community,
>
> i would like to configure roaming profiles with my samba4 dc. Im
> using this documenation:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles
>
> Below the topic "Profile share using Windows ACLs", the first step
> ist setup a share named "Profiles". What specific share permissions
> ( not ACLs) must be applied for a the "Profiles" share?

None, just creating the dir as 'root' should set the required Unix
permissions.

Re: Permissions Roaming Profile

Samba - General mailing list
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:16:09 +0100
Micha Ballmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do i need to configure the share on the domain controller like
> explained there:
> http://www.golinuxhub.com/2012/08/create-roaming-profiles-in-samba4.html?
>
> Im trying to configure it on my samba4 fileserver (domain
> member) . . .

No, follow this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles

It doesn't matter where you configure the profiles, you do it in the
same way.