[PATHC] libsmbclient APIs to set configuration file and Logging callback function

[PATHC] libsmbclient APIs to set configuration file and Logging callback function

This PR has libsmbclient APIs to set configruation file and logging
callback function which allows the libsmbclient user to capture logs.

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/95

Review is appreciated.

*RegardsPuran Chand*

Re: [PATHC] libsmbclient APIs to set configuration file and Logging callback function

On 08/06/2017 09:45 PM, Puran Chand via samba-technical wrote:
> This PR has libsmbclient APIs to set configruation file and logging
> callback function which allows the libsmbclient user to capture logs.
>
> https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/95
>
> Review is appreciated.
This is a non-technical review.  The above PR contains a corporate
copyright, which is explicitly disallowed by Samba policy.  I do realize
it can be difficult to get personal copyright in a large company, so I'm
sorry to ask you to find out how to do that.

We are more than happy to give credit in the code.  This can be done by
maintaining the corporate email address, as it is in source3/utils/net.c:

  Copyright (C) 2001 Steve French  ([hidden email])
  Copyright (C) 2001 Jim McDonough ([hidden email])

We can also include a direct comment about the company contributing the
patch, just not a copyright.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: [PATHC] libsmbclient APIs to set configuration file and Logging callback function

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Jim,

I have sent DCO to [hidden email] from corporate email and each
commit is also signed with corporate email.

 I believe with these in place, the code can have Company copyright as per
Readme.contributing from github.com (
https://github.com/samba-team/samba/blob/master/README.contributing)

Please let me know if I am missing something here and I will take it up
with right folks in the company.

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Regards

Puran Chand

Hi,

Thanks,
Jim

On 08/07/2017 06:53 AM, Puran Chand via samba-technical wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I have sent DCO to [hidden email] from corporate email and each
> commit is also signed with corporate email.
>
>  I believe with these in place, the code can have Company copyright as per
> Readme.contributing from github.com (
> https://github.com/samba-team/samba/blob/master/README.contributing)
>
> Please let me know if I am missing something here and I will take it up
> with right folks in the company.
No, you're right, so I retract my statement.  Sorry for the confusion.

Jim