[PATCHES] Fix provisioning of OpenLDAP backend

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PATCHES] Fix provisioning of OpenLDAP backend

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi all,
Attached are some fixes, necessary to get provisioning with OpenLDAP
backend working again. The work is not complete until we get the event
contexts right, but these are more or less independent.

Could someone please review when you have a chance?

Thanks,
Nadya

0001-s4-openldap-Add-operational-module-to-the-OpenLDAP-m.patch (1K) Download Attachment
0005-s4-openldap-Add-lock-handlers-to-ldb_ldap-and-ldb_il.patch (2K) Download Attachment
0003-s4-openldap-Fix-Unable-to-encode-control-errors-duri.patch (1K) Download Attachment
0002-s4-openldap-Fix-provisioning-for-OpenLDAP-backend.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCHES] Fix provisioning of OpenLDAP backend

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 16:38 +0300, Nadezhda Ivanova via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi all,
> Attached are some fixes, necessary to get provisioning with OpenLDAP
> backend working again. The work is not complete until we get the event
> contexts right, but these are more or less independent.
>
> Could someone please review when you have a chance?

Just a heads-up that I'll need a bit of time to look over this, and
give you the broader feedback you need.  

I will say this:

The new locking requirements can't be just bypassed or ignored, which
may have implications for the overall design.  We certainly can't just
put in dummy handlers, even with TODO markers.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCHES] Fix provisioning of OpenLDAP backend

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the feedback! It's not a rush, at this point I just need
provisioning to pass to continue my other work, until we figure out how
to fix this properly.

Regards,
Nadya
On 07/28/2017 12:05 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 16:38 +0300, Nadezhda Ivanova via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Attached are some fixes, necessary to get provisioning with OpenLDAP
>> backend working again. The work is not complete until we get the event
>> contexts right, but these are more or less independent.
>>
>> Could someone please review when you have a chance?
>
> Just a heads-up that I'll need a bit of time to look over this, and
> give you the broader feedback you need.
>
> I will say this:
>
> The new locking requirements can't be just bypassed or ignored, which
> may have implications for the overall design.  We certainly can't just
> put in dummy handlers, even with TODO markers.
>
> Sorry,
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCHES] Fix provisioning of OpenLDAP backend

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 12:08 +0300, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> Thanks for the feedback! It's not a rush, at this point I just need
> provisioning to pass to continue my other work, until we figure out how
> to fix this properly.
>
> Regards,

G'Day Nadya,

I hope to come up for air from the GUID index work soon.  Can you
update me on where the OL backend is at?  Is it in a public git repo
yet so I can see the context?

I think we should also talk a lot about what we (particularly my
team at Catalyst) have learnt about what is and isn't hurting
performance and limiting scale in Samba from our tests so far, as it
hasn't been the expected things!. 

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba