Quantcast

[PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
this after the tests are fixed
--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

0001-selftest-Actually-run-python3-tests-during-the-selft.patch (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:56:56 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:
> This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
> this after the tests are fixed

RB+ please push.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On 05/02/2017 06:03 PM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:56:56 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
>> this after the tests are fixed
>
> RB+ please push.

Here are fixes for the tests.

The s# thing is something we'll need to watch out for in the future.
I checked the ported code for more instances: it's used in
ldb.binary_encode, but there it makes sense to accept both UTF-8-encoded
text and binary data.


--
Petr Viktorin

0002-python3-Use-y-instead-of-s-for-binary-data-in-PyArg_.patch (5K) Download Attachment
0003-python3-tests-Fix-Python-3-test-issues.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On 05/03/2017 11:07 PM, Petr Viktorin via samba-technical wrote:

> On 05/02/2017 06:03 PM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:56:56 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
>> wrote:
>>> This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
>>> this after the tests are fixed
>>
>> RB+ please push.
>
> Here are fixes for the tests.
>
> The s# thing is something we'll need to watch out for in the future.
> I checked the ported code for more instances: it's used in
> ldb.binary_encode, but there it makes sense to accept both UTF-8-encoded
> text and binary data.

Ping, could I get a review?


--
Petr Viktorin

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Friday, 19 May 2017 16:10:49 CEST Petr Viktorin via samba-technical wrote:

> On 05/03/2017 11:07 PM, Petr Viktorin via samba-technical wrote:
> > On 05/02/2017 06:03 PM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> >> On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:56:56 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> >>
> >> wrote:
> >>> This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
> >>> this after the tests are fixed
> >>
> >> RB+ please push.
> >
> > Here are fixes for the tests.
> >
> > The s# thing is something we'll need to watch out for in the future.
> > I checked the ported code for more instances: it's used in
> > ldb.binary_encode, but there it makes sense to accept both UTF-8-encoded
> > text and binary data.
>
> Ping, could I get a review?

RB+

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             [hidden email]
www.samba.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PATCH] Allow python3 tests to run

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Fri, 2017-05-19 at 16:41 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> On Friday, 19 May 2017 16:10:49 CEST Petr Viktorin via samba-technical wrote:
> > On 05/03/2017 11:07 PM, Petr Viktorin via samba-technical wrote:
> > > On 05/02/2017 06:03 PM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> > > > On Tuesday, 2 May 2017 12:56:56 CEST Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> > > >
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > This can't be applied yet, as the tests have regressed, but we need
> > > > > this after the tests are fixed
> > > >
> > > > RB+ please push.
> > >
> > > Here are fixes for the tests.
> > >
> > > The s# thing is something we'll need to watch out for in the future.
> > > I checked the ported code for more instances: it's used in
> > > ldb.binary_encode, but there it makes sense to accept both UTF-8-encoded
> > > text and binary data.
> >
> > Ping, could I get a review?
>
> RB+

I've pushed it to autobuild.

Thanks all!

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba


Loading...