Option hide files

Samba - General mailing list
Hello!

I used:

samba -V
Version 4.3.11-Ubuntu

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

I want hide directorio "lost+found" , but option hide files dont work.

[BACKUP]
         path = /mnt/backup
         browseable = yes
         writeable = yes
         printable = no
         hide files = /lost+found/
         valid users = @ti

Any ideia ?

Regars

Re: Option hide files

Samba - General mailing list
Honestly just a guess, but you may need to escape out (with a \) the + sign so it isn't treated as a wildcard or regex symbol.

 <http://www.lumaforge.com/>
Eric Altman ❱❱ CTO
PHONE  310.752.9993 x701
EMAIL  [hidden email]   <mailto:[hidden email]>
WEB  lumaforge.com <http://lumaforge.com/>
OFFICE  6608 Lexington Ave. Hollywood, CA 90038

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 2:26 PM, Carlos A. P. Cunha via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I used:
>
> samba -V
> Version 4.3.11-Ubuntu
>
> lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        16.04
> Codename:       xenial
>
> I want hide directorio "lost+found" , but option hide files dont work.
>
> [BACKUP]
>        path = /mnt/backup
>        browseable = yes
>        writeable = yes