[OT?] Lam and tree view...

Samba - General mailing list

I see LAM-related announcment here, so i hope i'm not too much
offtopic.

I use LAM (LDAP Account manager) by many years, previously on
OpenLDAP/Samba ''NT mode'' domains, now on AD mode.

LAM works as expected in AD mode, but i've noted that i cannot use the
''tree view'' apart pointing it to some sub-OU. EG, if i set as base dn
my domain base dn:

        DC=ad,DC=fvg,DC=lnf,DC=it

tree view does not work; if i set to an OU:

        OU=FVG,DC=ad,DC=fvg,DC=lnf,DC=it

works as expected. HOW?! It is a Samba/AD touble/limitation/safeguard,
or is LAM?

Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

Re: [OT?] Lam and tree view...

Samba - General mailing list
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:39:47 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see LAM-related announcment here, so i hope i'm not too much
> offtopic.
>
> I use LAM (LDAP Account manager) by many years, previously on
> OpenLDAP/Samba ''NT mode'' domains, now on AD mode.
>
> LAM works as expected in AD mode, but i've noted that i cannot use the
> ''tree view'' apart pointing it to some sub-OU. EG, if i set as base
> dn my domain base dn:
>
> DC=ad,DC=fvg,DC=lnf,DC=it
>
> tree view does not work; if i set to an OU:
>
> OU=FVG,DC=ad,DC=fvg,DC=lnf,DC=it
>
> works as expected. HOW?! It is a Samba/AD touble/limitation/safeguard,
> or is LAM?
>

> Thanks.

I cannot see that this is a Samba AD problem, it sounds like a
permissions problem.

Is LAM setup correctly ?

I think you need to ask on the LAM mailing list about this.

Re: [OT?] Lam and tree view...

Samba - General mailing list
Hi Marco,

On 29.11.2017 12:56, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>> LAM works as expected in AD mode, but i've noted that i cannot use the
>> ''tree view'' apart pointing it to some sub-OU. EG, if i set as base
>> dn my domain base dn:

please active "Follow referrals" and also "Paged results" in your server profile:

https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/static/doc/manual/ch03s02.html#idm752

For other non-Samba related questions please use LAM mailinglist. ;-)

Best regards

Roland

Re: [OT?] Lam and tree view...

Samba - General mailing list
Mandi! Roland Gruber via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> please active "Follow referrals" and also "Paged results" in your server profile:
> https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/static/doc/manual/ch03s02.html#idm752

Just done.

> For other non-Samba related questions please use LAM mailinglist. ;-)

Subscribed. Thank.