NullPointerException

John Baker-13
Hello,

Using jcifs version 1.2.9, we've managed to get this:

        at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
        at jcifs.smb.SigningDigest.(SigningDigest.java:42)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:161)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:154)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:182)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
        at

I've Googled and discovered this being discussed three years ago, so would
have assumed that it was thoroughly fixed many versions ago! It's an IE6
client running on a win2k/xp machine against a 2003 domain controller (so
I'm told, I'm awaiting confirmation!).

Could anyone shed any light on this problem?

Many thanks,

John

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com

Re: NullPointerException

Michael B Allen-4
I don't recall ever seeing this. It looks like the transport encryption
key is not initialized. Not sure what circumstances under which that
could happen. Please provide details.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization
http://www.ioplex.com/

Re: NullPointerException

John Baker-13
Well I'm passing messages (I don't have access to the system in question),
but:

- Windows 2000 functional AD domain running on Windows 2003
server.
- The web server is IIS 6 and New Atlanta ServletExec version 5 installed.
- Using the ntlm filter provided with the jcifs package.

I have a couple of stack traces:

        at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
        at jcifs.smb.SigningDigest.(SigningDigest.java:42)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:161)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:154)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:182)
        at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
        at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:60)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.filterApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:2159)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:1823)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java:937)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1091)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:973)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:167)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:204)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:511)

        at jcifs.smb.SigningDigest.(SigningDigest.java:59)
[...]

Any further thoughts?

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 17:15, you wrote:

> I don't recall ever seeing this. It looks like the transport encryption
> key is not initialized. Not sure what circumstances under which that
> could happen. Please provide details.
>
> Mike
>
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:52:13 +0100
>
> John Baker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using jcifs version 1.2.9, we've managed to get this:
> >
> > java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >         at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SigningDigest.(SigningDigest.java:42)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:147)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:161)
> >         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:154)
> >         at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:182)
> >         at jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
> >         at
> >
> > I've Googled and discovered this being discussed three years ago, so
> > would have assumed that it was thoroughly fixed many versions ago! It's
> > an IE6 client running on a win2k/xp machine against a 2003 domain
> > controller (so I'm told, I'm awaiting confirmation!).
> >
> > Could anyone shed any light on this problem?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >

> > John
> >
> > http://www.javasystemsolutions.com

NullPointerException

jbaker-jcifs
Hello all,

I posted this a few weeks ago but didn't seem to get any response, but I also
didn't see the mail in the list archives so perhaps it was not delivered.
Therefore, apologies if this has already been posted.

I am getting a NullPointerException from jcifs when trying to authenticate
against the following:

- Windows 2000 functional AD domain running on Windows 2003
server.
- The web server is IIS 6 and New Atlanta ServletExec version 5 installed.
- Using the ntlm filter provided with the jcifs package.

And here is the stack trace:

[...]

I've Googled this NPE and have found a few posts dating back to 2003, so I'd
assume this problem was fixed now. However, it would appear a problem still
exists.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Would you like me to get more
information in order to diagnose the problem?

John

Re: NullPointerException

Michael B Allen-4
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:17:57 +0100
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I posted this a few weeks ago but didn't seem to get any response, but I also
> didn't see the mail in the list archives so perhaps it was not delivered.
> Therefore, apologies if this has already been posted.
>
> I am getting a NullPointerException from jcifs when trying to authenticate
> against the following:
>
> - Windows 2000 functional AD domain running on Windows 2003
> server.
> - The web server is IIS 6 and New Atlanta ServletExec version 5 installed.
> - Using the ntlm filter provided with the jcifs package.
>
> And here is the stack trace:

> at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
> at jcifs.smb.SigningDigest.(SigningDigest.java:42)
> at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
> at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:225)

The CIFS client is trying to access the server challenge from the
SmbComNegotiate response. Apparently the key is not set. Why that is
occuring I don't know. Try one of the simple example programs included
with the jcifs package like examples/Exists.java just to verify that the
client is compatible with your network. Increase the log level and look
at the contents of the decoded response.