No Localisation for rsync?

Michael-3
Hi Folks,

There are no Localisation features incorporated in the rsync code, from what
I can see, and hence no Language Translation files.

I see pertinent strings, in the "main.c" (output_summary function) and
"flist.c" files, which are used by the rprintf function.

I could use xgettext with "rprintf" as the function search parameter to
produce a .pot file.

Are there any other files that contain strings for the output of progress
messages that I should look at?

Thanks, Michael.

Re: No Localisation for rsync?

Michael-3
I've found the following pages which show how it could be done.

http://www.async.com.br/~kiko/gettext.html

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_do_I18N_through_gettext

Is that all that is required?

I would need some guidance on how to compile as the SETUP section of the
README file is insufficient for my level of knowledge with Linux (1 year)
and C (zilch).

One system to test this on is antiX MX-14.4 (32 bit) and the other is
Manjaro 0.8.10 Xfce (64 bit).