New flakey test samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps

New flakey test samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hey folks,

more autobuild failures in flakey tests, afaict this one is new:

UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps(vampire_dc)

The test was added in 00125edca2a9e27c5ddd46df8e2a499f8fc52b9e.

We're not getting any autobuild throught at the moment because of so many flakey
test (unix.whoami, idmap.rfc2307, samba.blackbox.wbinfo, ...).

Douglas, can you check what's wrong with the test? Thanks!.

We may have to push a commit marking some of those tests as flakey to make
progress.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/

Re: New flakey test samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
hi Ralph

> more autobuild failures in flakey tests, afaict this one is new:
>
> UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps(vampire_dc)
>
> The test was added in 00125edca2a9e27c5ddd46df8e2a499f8fc52b9e.

I think the attached patch will fix it.

> We're not getting any autobuild throught at the moment because of so many flakey
> test (unix.whoami, idmap.rfc2307, samba.blackbox.wbinfo, ...).
>
> Douglas, can you check what's wrong with the test? Thanks!.
>
> We may have to push a commit marking some of those tests as flakey to make
> progress.

Yes.

Douglas

0001-samba_kcc-respect-kcc.read_only-flag-on-RODC.patch (1K) Download Attachment

On 12/01/18 10:42, Ralph Böhme wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> more autobuild failures in flakey tests, afaict this one is new:
>
> UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps(vampire_dc)
>
> The test was added in 00125edca2a9e27c5ddd46df8e2a499f8fc52b9e.
>
> We're not getting any autobuild throught at the moment because of so many flakey
> test (unix.whoami, idmap.rfc2307, samba.blackbox.wbinfo, ...).
>
> Douglas, can you check what's wrong with the test? Thanks!.
>
> We may have to push a commit marking some of those tests as flakey to make
> progress.
>
> -slow

Alas, there is probably another problem in that patchset. My current autobuild
*should* be better. I am sorry.

regards,
Douglas

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 07:31:22PM +1300, Douglas Bagnall wrote:

> On 12/01/18 10:42, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > more autobuild failures in flakey tests, afaict this one is new:
> >
> > UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps(vampire_dc)
> >
> > The test was added in 00125edca2a9e27c5ddd46df8e2a499f8fc52b9e.
> >
> > We're not getting any autobuild throught at the moment because of so many flakey
> > test (unix.whoami, idmap.rfc2307, samba.blackbox.wbinfo, ...).
> >
> > Douglas, can you check what's wrong with the test? Thanks!.
> >
> > We may have to push a commit marking some of those tests as flakey to make
> > progress.
> >
> > -slow
> >

> Alas, there is probably another problem in that patchset. My current autobuild
> *should* be better. I am sorry.

no prob!

Just noticed that that patch isn't in master yet which I assumed but metze
included it in the autobuild patchset. metze removed them from the his and my
autobuild, which is a mirror of his and runs in parallel.

Fwiw, I wonder why my mail didn't make it to the list, it's also not in the
archive. And this mail from Andrew
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2018-January/124940.html made it
to the archive but I never got it. Go figure...

-slow

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 07:39 +0100, Ralph Böhme wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 07:31:22PM +1300, Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> > On 12/01/18 10:42, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > more autobuild failures in flakey tests, afaict this one is new:
> > >
> > > UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.samba.tests.samba_tool.visualize_drs.SambaToolVisualizeDrsTest.test_reps(vampire_dc)
> > >
> > > The test was added in 00125edca2a9e27c5ddd46df8e2a499f8fc52b9e.
> > >
> > > We're not getting any autobuild throught at the moment because of so many flakey
> > > test (unix.whoami, idmap.rfc2307, samba.blackbox.wbinfo, ...).
> > >
> > > Douglas, can you check what's wrong with the test? Thanks!.
> > >
> > > We may have to push a commit marking some of those tests as flakey to make
> > > progress.
> > >
> > > -slow
> > >

> > Alas, there is probably another problem in that patchset. My current autobuild
> > *should* be better. I am sorry.
>
> no prob!
>
> Just noticed that that patch isn't in master yet which I assumed but metze
> included it in the autobuild patchset. metze removed them from the his and my
> autobuild, which is a mirror of his and runs in parallel.
>
> Fwiw, I wonder why my mail didn't make it to the list, it's also not in the
> archive. And this mail from Andrew
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2018-January/124940.html made it
> to the archive but I never got it. Go figure...

Indeed the mailing lists seem broken today, just to add to the
confusion and distress.

It would be good to get Douglas's patches into 4.8...

Am 12.01.2018 um 08:00 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:

> On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 07:39 +0100, Ralph Böhme wrote:

>>> Alas, there is probably another problem in that patchset. My current autobuild
>>> *should* be better. I am sorry.
>>
>> no prob!
>>
>> Just noticed that that patch isn't in master yet which I assumed but metze
>> included it in the autobuild patchset. metze removed them from the his and my
>> autobuild, which is a mirror of his and runs in parallel.
>>
>> Fwiw, I wonder why my mail didn't make it to the list, it's also not in the
>> archive. And this mail from Andrew
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2018-January/124940.html made it
>> to the archive but I never got it. Go figure...
>
> Indeed the mailing lists seem broken today, just to add to the
> confusion and distress.
>
> It would be good to get Douglas's patches into 4.8...
They reliable failed for me, so I removed them, sorry.

I retested the new patches from Douglas and included them again.

https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba-autobuild/.git;a=summary
runs twice currently as slow and metze.

Can someone give this a try in the catalyst cloud to check if
the samba4.blackbox.dbcheck(promoted_dc)(promoted_dc:local) test
works there?

Maybe also do some autobuilds with plain master as reference?

Thanks!
metze

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 08:18 +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Can someone give this a try in the catalyst cloud to check if
> the samba4.blackbox.dbcheck(promoted_dc)(promoted_dc:local) test
> works there?
>
> Maybe also do some autobuilds with plain master as reference?

I've started 4 of both.  I'm not expecting much luck from master
however...