New TCP congestion algorithm

Samba - linux mailing list

Re: New TCP congestion algorithm

Samba - linux mailing list
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 09:30:37AM +1000, Mike Carden via linux wrote:
> This new TCP congestion algorithm from Google is going to be important:
>
> https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/07/TCP-BBR-congestion-control-comes-to-GCP-your-Internet-just-got-faster.html
>
> The kernel patch is possibly more informative:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=0f8782ea14974ce992618b55f0c041ef43ed0b78

Really interesting to read the patch notes, thanks Crash.

        See You
            Steve

--
Steven Hanley [hidden email] http://svana.org/sjh/diary
we took down all the pictures and then we took down all the walls

Re: New TCP congestion algorithm

Samba - linux mailing list
Hi Mike, all

> This new TCP congestion algorithm from Google is going to be important:
>
> https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/07/TCP-BBR-congestion-control-comes-to-GCP-your-Internet-just-got-faster.html
>
> The kernel patch is possibly more informative:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=0f8782ea14974ce992618b55f0c041ef43ed0b78

Ah, our friend Van Jacobson (and others) in action. Excellent!
thanks for posting this.

I've been working on something that's quite related to this, so it's very nice and timely to see these tweaks in the Linux network stack. It'll be interesting to see how fast these changes propagate and make a real difference.

Regards,
Arjen.