NetworkExplorer

Mike Streeton

We have been testing NetworkExplorer and recently found that it does not list all the available shares on a server, i.e. those that can be send in Windows explorer. Files and directories within the share can be accessed but it does not list the share. Any ideas.

Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch

Re: NetworkExplorer

Michael B Allen-4
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:36:06 +0100
"Mike Streeton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have been testing NetworkExplorer and recently found that it does not
> list all the available shares on a server, i.e. those that can be send
> in Windows explorer. Files and directories within the share can be
> accessed but it does not list the share. Any ideas.

That's a limitation of RAP. You need to hook in the NetrShareEnum RPC
from Jarapac to get shares longer than 12 characters or shares with
Unicode characters. Also, RAP calls are limited to 64K.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization