NTLM filter and Tomcat gives BindException

NTLM filter and Tomcat gives BindException

Göran Karlsson (KA/EAB)
NTLM filter and Tomcat gives BindException

Hello!

My name is Göran, and I'm new on this list. If you have seen this earlier today, it is because I managed to sign up to the list with the wrong adress, and then I sent this mail to the list. But hopefully the list server didn't take it since I didn't get the subscription confirmation and thus was no member of the list at the time of mailing. Otherwise I am sorry...  O:-)

Cut to the chase: I have a problem configuring Tomcat to use NTLM authentication using jCIFS. When I add the NtlmHttpFilter in the web.xml of a little test webapp, it seems to work fine, but not if I put it in the "global" web-xml. Then tomcat crashes with a BindException.

When I search for this error I just get a lot of stuff where people have accidentially started multiple webservers. For me it works as soon as I remove the filter tags for jCIFS.

Have anybody got an idea what is wrong?

Regards
/Göran