NTLM Authentication problem

Publius Ismanescu
Hi everybody,

I have a situation where the NTLM authentication fails. I will explain my configuration and the tests we did.

We have a weblogic server on AIX server and we use jcifs for NTLM authentication. The users that access the website, they all have windows desktops, with IE installed.
All user can access the website properly . The problem start when we want to let user from outsite the company connect.

The external user connect to a metaframe (Citrix) and they use the IE browser on the metaframe server to connect to the internal website.
The user are propted with a login dialog to enter their user ID and password. After entering the information they get a server or DNS error.

After we turned the loglevel to see more info from jcifs, it looks like the 3-rd handshake does not take place.

Installing Firefox on the metaframe server and testing the access,everything is working.
Using IE to connect to a second metaframe server it woks also. IE versions on the 2 metaframes is the same.

Can anybody help with some IE settings or give me some tips on what else to look for to solve this.

Thank you

--
Publius Ismanescu
http://publius.wwdb.biz
email: [hidden email]

RE: NTLM Authentication problem

Mike Streeton

We had problems with some people being able to connect but not other, even though they have exactly the same config (XP pro), we got round them by setting the following:

Configure the JCIFS parameter jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility try setting it to 3, 4 or 5

Configure the JCIFS parameter jcifs.netbios.hostname to be the local machine

Set the API documentation on how to do this: http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/

If this does not work post the config/error logs etc and Michael is very helpful and can usually put you right.

Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch