NFSv4 ACLs with rsync

Samba - rsync mailing list
Hi,

I am looking for a method of syncing NFS directories (Netapp qtrees) that contains NFSv4 ACLs. We copy qtrees (millions of files, xx TB) from one qutree into another one.
The only tool we currently use is (netapp internal) ndmpcopy, it preserves ACLs but is slow.
Netapp "xcopy" tool is also not aware of NFSv4 ACLs.

rsync that is aware of NFSV4 ACLs would be a smart solution for this purpose.

I found a discussion and patch in the archive:
"Richard P Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:19:48 -0700: This is a PoC patch for NFSv4/ZFS ACLs."

​but I did not found any followup​.
Also current rsync 3.1.2 seems not to be able to copy nfsv4 acls (I tested).

Questions Is there some rsync patch or version available that copies nfsv4 ACLs ? Any other Ideas ?

Thanks
Andre

--

Andre Gerbatsch

MTS TD Global Engineering Support

Tel  +49 (0) 351 277-6086

Fax +49 (0) 351 277-96086

[hidden email]

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Dresden Module Two GmbH & Co. KG

Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Deutschland

Registered Office/Sitz Dresden I Registration Court/Registergericht Dresden HRA 4896; General Partner/ Vertretungsberechtigter Komplementär: GLOBALFOUNDRIES Dresden Module Two Admin GmbH (Sitz Dresden, Germany); General Manager/ Geschäftsführer der GLOBALFOUNDRIES Dresden Module Two Admin GmbH:  Dr. Rutger Wijburg, Kay Chai Ang, Terrence Joseph Daly