Quantcast

My host windows dont ping my domain

After adding my domain machine I realized that after 15 minutes it
stopped pinging my domain. Interesting that this only happens in windows
machines.

I already checked the logs and did not notice anything.

Does anyone have any light?

Thanks

Re: My host windows dont ping my domain

Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

A copy of smb.conf is very handy, same as the running os.

Follow these 2, and tell us what works and what not.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Administration#Testing_your_DNS_Server
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Testing_the_DNS_Name_Resolution

And do the following.
Clear the windows event log, reboot, and ping the domain.
Now wait 15 min, ping again to confirm its still not working.

Now go through you windows event logs look for errors and warnings.

Greetz,

Louis

-DMV client goes to sleep after 15 minutes (Default setting I believe)

-Windows will prefer IPv6 addresses. When you ping, does it end up trying
to ping an IPv4 or IPv6? Are both actually reachable?

-But even if IPv4 only, multihomed dns entries end up where they should not.