Midnight Commander

Samba - linux mailing list
I mentioned here that I have just gotten back into using this graphical
shell.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2017-September/036370.html

Whereas Nautilus defaults to not showing hidden files. Yet MC defaults
to showing them. How then can I hide those files beginning `.', in MC?
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/

Re: Midnight Commander

Samba - linux mailing list

On 08/09/17 02:55, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux wrote:
> I mentioned here that I have just gotten back into using this graphical
> shell.
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2017-September/036370.html
>
> Whereas Nautilus defaults to not showing hidden files. Yet MC defaults
> to showing them. How then can I hide those files beginning `.', in MC?

I asked Google.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=midnight+commander+hide+dot+files

Google says "read
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/216280/how-can-i-stop-seeing-hidden-files-in-the-midnight-commander"

Kind regards

--
    A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: The lost context.
    Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

    A: Yes.
    Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm reply

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html