Quantcast

Looking for a tool or CLI option to fetch the members of a specific AD group.

Looking for a tool or CLI option to fetch the members of a specific AD group.

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hello All,

We are looking for a tool or command line option which can return the list of member(SIDs) if a specific group name or SID is given.
Currently wbinfo has the option to fetch the all groups of a specific user(SID) but not the other way. Looks like there is no LSARPC available to fetch the members. Please let me know if any of the existing samba tool fetch this information.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

Re: Looking for a tool or CLI option to fetch the members of a specific AD group.

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
What about "net rpc group members <groupname> -U username%password -S
<servername or ip>   ...

Steve

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 05:03:01AM +0000, Hemanth Thummala via samba-technical wrote:
> We are looking for a tool or command line option which can return
> the list of member(SIDs) if a specific group name or SID is given.
> Currently wbinfo has the option to fetch the all groups of a
> specific user(SID) but not the other way. Looks like there is no
> LSARPC available to fetch the members. Please let me know if any of
> the existing samba tool fetch this information.

"net rpc group members" ?

Volker

Re: Looking for a tool or CLI option to fetch the members of a specific AD group.

Thanks Steve!
Yes. That works for us. Thank you for the quick response.

-Hemanth.