Linux Journal ends after 23 years

Samba - linux mailing list
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication

The team behind Linux Journal has announced that the November 2017 issue
will be their last. For a limited time, you can pick up HTML version all
their previous issues for just $25.

Re: Linux Journal ends after 23 years

Samba - linux mailing list
Steve,

How does one make the purchase ?  That is contact them? Do you have a
contact email address, or is there a page where we can make the
purchase?

We also just finished up our 2017 archive today, which includes every
issue we’ve ever published, including the first and last ones.
Normally we sell that for $25, but obviously subscribers will get it
for no cost. Subscribers, watch for an e-mail with details about both.

George.

On Monday, 04-12-2017 at 00:23 Steve Walsh via linux wrote:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication

The team behind Linux Journal has announced that the November 2017
issue
will be their last. For a limited time, you can pick up HTML version
all
their previous issues for just $25.

Re: Linux Journal ends after 23 years

Samba - linux mailing list
Good morning CLUGers.

I have both the email from LJ and a copy of the archive. I also have a link to download the ZIP archive but I had better not publisher that information here as it’s intended as a free download to subscribers. I have subscribed to LJ for perhaps twenty years. Just now I tried the link to their website (http://www.linuxjournal.com) but the “subscribe” link seemed to be unresponsive.

Cheers, Ian Matters
---

> On 4 Dec 2017, at 6:18 am, George at Clug via linux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Steve,
>
> How does one make the purchase ?  That is contact them? Do you have a
> contact email address, or is there a page where we can make the
> purchase?
>
> We also just finished up our 2017 archive today, which includes every
> issue we’ve ever published, including the first and last ones.
> Normally we sell that for $25, but obviously subscribers will get it
> for no cost. Subscribers, watch for an e-mail with details about both.
>
> George.
>
> On Monday, 04-12-2017 at 00:23 Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication
>
> The team behind Linux Journal has announced that the November 2017
> issue
> will be their last. For a limited time, you can pick up HTML version
> all
> their previous issues for just $25.

Re: Linux Journal ends after 23 years

Samba - linux mailing list
Hi George,

The HTML version can be purcased at:

http://lj.mybigcommerce.com/linux-journal-archive-1994-2017/

--
Justin 'Doychi' Deutsch

On 4 Dec. 2017 06:20, "George at Clug via linux" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Steve,
>
> How does one make the purchase ?  That is contact them? Do you have a
> contact email address, or is there a page where we can make the
> purchase?
>
> We also just finished up our 2017 archive today, which includes every
> issue we’ve ever published, including the first and last ones.
> Normally we sell that for $25, but obviously subscribers will get it
> for no cost. Subscribers, watch for an e-mail with details about both.
>

> George.
>
> On Monday, 04-12-2017 at 00:23 Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
>

> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication
>

> The team behind Linux Journal has announced that the November 2017
> issue
> will be their last. For a limited time, you can pick up HTML version
> all
> their previous issues for just $25.

Re: Linux Journal ends after 23 years

Samba - linux mailing list
If anyone is looking for an alternative publication fix, I'm quite
partial to Linux Format from the UK (as an overseas subscriber) which
has both print and digital editions or the LXF editorial team spin off,
Linux Voice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Format

http://www.linuxformat.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Voice