Linux Client problem with dhcp and the Samba 4 domain

Linux Client problem with dhcp and the Samba 4 domain

Samba - General mailing list
Hello, I have a problem. I set up a Samba4 AD with bind9 and isc-dhcp-server for dynamic DNS-updates. That works well. I put the Linux PCs in the domain and at the beginning they work fine but when the IP address changes by the DHCP, the DNS is updated well, but the users can not enter the domain. Any ideas?

Regards.

Re: Linux Client problem with dhcp and the Samba 4 domain

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:13:57 -0500 (CST)
Siovel Rodríguez Morales via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I have a problem. I set up a Samba4 AD with bind9 and
> isc-dhcp-server for dynamic DNS-updates. That works well. I put the
> Linux PCs in the domain and at the beginning they work fine but when
> the IP address changes by the DHCP, the DNS is updated well, but the
> users can not enter the domain. Any ideas?
>
> Regards.

How have you set up Bind and DHCP ?

Re: Linux Client problem with dhcp and the Samba 4 domain

Samba - General mailing list
Yes, I set up a Samba4 AD with bind9 and isc-dhcp-server for dynamic DNS-updates and works well.
The problem is with the Linux Client and the domain when the IP addrees change (Linux Clients are in the domain). Is possible that the Client are registers with one IP address in the domain and when the IP address change beginning the problem.

Siovel.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:13:57 -0500 (CST)
Siovel Rodríguez Morales via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I have a problem. I set up a Samba4 AD with bind9 and
> isc-dhcp-server for dynamic DNS-updates. That works well. I put the
> Linux PCs in the domain and at the beginning they work fine but when
> the IP address changes by the DHCP, the DNS is updated well, but the
> users can not enter the domain. Any ideas?
>
> Regards.

How have you set up Bind and DHCP ?

Re: Linux Client problem with dhcp and the Samba 4 domain

Samba - General mailing list
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 07:59:33 -0500 (CST)
Siovel Rodríguez Morales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I set up a Samba4 AD with bind9 and isc-dhcp-server for dynamic
> DNS-updates and works well.

Yes, but HOW have you set them up, what documentation did you follow ???