Isilon rejects request to open for backup intent that Windows does not?

Isilon rejects request to open for backup intent that Windows does not?

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi folks,

Has anyone seen this issue with Isilon before? We are running V8.0.

When I try to open a file for BACKUP INTENT with the only access
requested being READ_CONTROL, it returns INVALID_PARAMETER, but the
same request works fine against Windows.

Richard Sharpe
(何以解憂?唯有杜康。--曹操)

Re: Isilon rejects request to open for backup intent that Windows does not?

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 09:56:38AM -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Has anyone seen this issue with Isilon before? We are running V8.0.
>
> When I try to open a file for BACKUP INTENT with the only access
> requested being READ_CONTROL, it returns INVALID_PARAMETER, but the
> same request works fine against Windows.

Looks like a Likewise bug to me.