Is [print$] still avaiable in samba V4.6.7?

Is [print$] still avaiable in samba V4.6.7?

   I haven't see any stuff with [print$] section from `man smb.conf` of
samba v4.6.7, is this section still available for drivers
auto-installation

   for windows ?

   I know  it is usable from some out-of-date tutorial of old samba. But I
don't figure out How-TO in the latest one.

   Thanks,

-hongquan

Re: Is [print$] still avaiable in samba V4.6.7?

Samba - General mailing list
Base on what I am trying to, the answer is yes. I use windows printer
server to verify. the driver-share folder is print$.

From:   expert1234 via samba <[hidden email]>
To:     [hidden email],
Date:   09/04/2017 09:22 AM
Subject:        [Samba] Is [print$] still avaiable in samba V4.6.7?
Sent by:        "samba" <[hidden email]>

Hi,

Am 04.09.2017 um 03:21 schrieb expert1234 via samba:
>    I haven't see any stuff with [print$] section from `man smb.conf` of
> samba v4.6.7, is this section still available for drivers
> auto-installation
>
>    for windows ?
>
>    I know  it is usable from some out-of-date tutorial of old samba. But I
> don't figure out How-TO in the latest one.

You can find latest documentation in our Wiki:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Documentation

The following two docs describe how to set up a print server:
* Setting up Samba as a Print Server
* Setting up Automatic Printer Driver Downloads for Windows Clients

Regards,
Marc

Am 04.09.2017 um 07:41 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Am 04.09.2017 um 07:28 schrieb Marc Muehlfeld via samba:
>> You can find latest documentation in our Wiki:
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Documentation
>>
>> The following two docs describe how to set up a print server:
>> * Setting up Samba as a Print Server
>> * Setting up Automatic Printer Driver Downloads for Windows Clients
>

> Thanks, actually I refer to exactly the same link as you mentioned. I
> don't think one would manage to setup up printers properly.
>
> Too much details are omitted in the link.

If you tell me what the many missing details are, I will enhance our
docs accordingly.

I recently verified the doc using Samba 4.7. From my point of view, both
docs are up-to-date and work with all supported Samba versions.

Regards,
Marc