I think sn-devel is stuck...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I think sn-devel is stuck...

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Ralph's autobuild is hanging. Can someone give it a kick ?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think sn-devel is stuck...

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 12:44:35PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Ralph's autobuild is hanging. Can someone give it a kick ?

pkill -u slow

RIP

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 12:44 -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> Ralph's autobuild is hanging. Can someone give it a kick ?

It got stuck on:

[2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)

Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
week.  Another race condition no doubt...

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 16:57 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 12:44 -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > Ralph's autobuild is hanging. Can someone give it a kick ?
>
> It got stuck on:
>
> [2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
>
> Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
> leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
> week.  Another race condition no doubt...

Samba is racing against the test, which is blocking on a pipe.
Production code should never block on anything while holding a lock,
test code that does this on purpose should not operate on a database
that other processes are using, so I'm re-factoring the test.

In the meantime, if this happens again just kill the test manually.

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett
https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team         https://samba.org
Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT  
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PATCH] Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 17:11 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:

> On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 16:57 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> >
> > It got stuck on:
> >
> > [2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
> >
> > Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
> > leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
> > week.  Another race condition no doubt...
>
> Samba is racing against the test, which is blocking on a pipe.
> Production code should never block on anything while holding a lock,
> test code that does this on purpose should not operate on a database
> that other processes are using, so I'm re-factoring the test.
>
> In the meantime, if this happens again just kill the test manually.
Attached is a patch to move this test off the 'live' database.

Please review and push if OK.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett
https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team         https://samba.org
Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT  
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba




dsdb_lock.patch.txt (40K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 02:41:05 CET Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 17:11 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 16:57 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> >
> > wrote:
> > > It got stuck on:
> > >
> > > [2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
> > >
> > > Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
> > > leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
> > > week.  Another race condition no doubt...
> >
> > Samba is racing against the test, which is blocking on a pipe.
> > Production code should never block on anything while holding a lock,
> > test code that does this on purpose should not operate on a database
> > that other processes are using, so I'm re-factoring the test.
> >
> > In the meantime, if this happens again just kill the test manually.
>
> Attached is a patch to move this test off the 'live' database.
>
> Please review and push if OK.

RB+ and pushed. Thanks!

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             [hidden email]
www.samba.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 14:25 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:

> On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 02:41:05 CET Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 17:11 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> >
> > wrote:
> > > On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 16:57 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > > > It got stuck on:
> > > >
> > > > [2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
> > > >
> > > > Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
> > > > leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
> > > > week.  Another race condition no doubt...
> > >
> > > Samba is racing against the test, which is blocking on a pipe.
> > > Production code should never block on anything while holding a lock,
> > > test code that does this on purpose should not operate on a database
> > > that other processes are using, so I'm re-factoring the test.
> > >
> > > In the meantime, if this happens again just kill the test manually.
> >
> > Attached is a patch to move this test off the 'live' database.
> >
> > Please review and push if OK.
>
> RB+ and pushed. Thanks!
Thanks for pushing that.  Here is a small fix-up to the copyright
header for the new file.

Please review/push with something more significant ;-)

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

0001-selftest-Fix-copyright-header-on-samba.dsdb_lock.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[PATCH] fix header on samba.dsdb_lock tests

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
The previous mail had some cruft in the commit message.

The attached patch just fixes up the copyright header on the new/moved
samba.dsdb_lock testsuite.

Please ignore the previous patch and review/push this one when
convenient.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

0001-selftest-Fix-copyright-header-on-samba.dsdb_lock.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [PATCH] Re: I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 08:48:25 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 14:25 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
> technical wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 02:41:05 CET Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> > wrote:  
> > > On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 17:11 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> > >
> > > wrote:  
>  [...]  
>  [...]  
>  [...]  
> > >
> > > Attached is a patch to move this test off the 'live' database.
> > >
> > > Please review and push if OK.  
> >
> > RB+ and pushed. Thanks!  
>
> Thanks for pushing that.  Here is a small fix-up to the copyright
> header for the new file.
>
> Please review/push with something more significant ;-)

Reviewed-by: Martin Schwenke <[hidden email]>

Pushed...

peace & happiness,
martin