Hung threads accessing domain controller

Hung threads accessing domain controller

Samba - jcifs mailing list
Hi Mike ,

I found one link (https://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-January/004560.html) which defines while connecting to repository/file server if domain controller not able to resolve user domain name threads gets hung in tomcat as domain controller not responding , as per below link

he others are asked to wait at SmbTransport.java:877 but never
notified when the negotiation is complete (so they can simply return).

I believe the fix is to add a notify:

    947         state = ST_NEGOTIATED;
    948         notify();
    949     }
still we face same issue , we already using  latest version of jcifs jar jcifs-1.3.18.jar.

Is it been fixed anywhere? then which version ?

Rina

Re: Hung threads accessing domain controller

Samba - jcifs mailing list
I maintain a version of jcifs that incorporates a lot of patches for
things like that, but I don't know if it addresses that particular
problem or not. If you want to try it, see
https://github.com/IdentityAutomation/jcifs-idautopatch

Shon Vella
Identity Automation
Staff Engineer