How to migrate local MS Windows users onto samba AD DC ?

How to migrate local MS Windows users onto samba AD DC ?

I would have to join 7 computers (a mix of win 8, 8.1, 10 WKSs) to
samba 4.7 AD DC. After I will have joined those workstations to samba AD
DC I would like the users to experience a minimal disruption of their
Desktops and profiles. The computers have never been registered to any
domain before.

Can their existing local user names be mirrored on the ADDC (samba)?
Can their user profiles be transported onto samba 4.7 AD DC?

I have read topics like:
User Home Folders
User Profiles : roaming, mandatory, local and temporary
Joining a Windows Client or Server to a Domain
(Interestingly the wiki has no mention of such a scenario)
The closest I got was Folder Redirection via GPO with roaming user
profiles.

I do not see instructions how to start with a non-clean
system where the workstations already have users and their respective
local profiles (Desktop, settings, and local files) have been used for
a while.

Someone wrote on this mailing list a HOWTO and there is a mention of a
"moveuser.exe". Is it still a valid HOWTO?

All hints where to start digging will greatly be appreciated.

Regards
Lin

Re: How to migrate local MS Windows users onto samba AD DC ?

Samba - General mailing list
02.10.2017 5:48, LinforPros IT Solutions via samba пишет:
> Hi,
> I would have to join 7 computers (a mix of win 8, 8.1, 10 WKSs) to
> samba 4.7 AD DC. After I will have joined those workstations to samba AD
> DC I would like the users to experience a minimal disruption of their
> Desktops and profiles. The computers have never been registered to any
> domain before.
>
> Can their existing local user names be mirrored on the ADDC (samba)?
> Can their user profiles be transported onto samba 4.7 AD DC?

Are you really want to copy profiles to server? Or only save it on local
desktop?

If second, you can use utilities like this
https://www.forensit.com/downloads.html

--
Administrator