Help with Samba 3.0.20b

Hiemisch, Joerg
Hi all,

I have a problem with samba 3.0.20b on SUSE-LINUX

I try to connect to a server that supports NTLMv2 only.
I cant join the domain but I can't connect to the server.

Debug output of smbclient gives the error below:

  NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
convert_string_internal: Conversion error: Incomplete multibyte sequence(┬žEDC4rfv)
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215

I was looking at google and so on, but I couldn't find an answer.

Can anyone help me?

Joerg

Re: Help with Samba 3.0.20b

Jeremy Allison
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:27:42PM +0100, Hiemisch, Joerg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with samba 3.0.20b on SUSE-LINUX
>
> I try to connect to a server that supports NTLMv2 only.
> I cant join the domain but I can't connect to the server.
>
> Debug output of smbclient gives the error below:
>
>   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
> convert_string_internal: Conversion error: Incomplete multibyte sequence(┬žEDC4rfv)
> NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
> Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
>
> I was looking at google and so on, but I couldn't find an answer.

This is something we have fixed for 3.0.21. Please try the pre-release.

Jeremy.