HElpme

L.I. JUAN PATRICIO FLORES HERNANDEZ
Hello.

This is my first post.

In our company have a program that had being compiled in clipper for
dos. Actually, i put a samba server version 3.0.10 to share a
application and database, but i have this problem, in a machine with
windows, the application is more fast that in my server. Even if the
windows machine share these folder.

the proces in the samba server is more slow about 300% vs Windows
Machine.

I put all the tunning mentioned in the book,but 'can't resolve this
detail. I hope that you helpme

Thanks

--
L.I. JUAN PATRICIO FLORES HERNANDEZ
Desarrollador

Tel:    +52 228 841 7000 ext 2330 2217
        +52 228 841 7007
Fax:    +52 228 841 7000

email:  [hidden email]

Re: HElpme

Guido Lorenzutti-2
L.I. JUAN PATRICIO FLORES HERNANDEZ wrote:

> Hello.
>
> This is my first post.
>
> In our company have a program that had being compiled in clipper for
> dos. Actually, i put a samba server version 3.0.10 to share a
> application and database, but i have this problem, in a machine with
> windows, the application is more fast that in my server. Even if the
> windows machine share these folder.
>
> the proces in the samba server is more slow about 300% vs Windows
> Machine.
>
> I put all the tunning mentioned in the book,but 'can't resolve this
> detail. I hope that you helpme
>
> Thanks

This dosen't look like a samba problem. Please, show us the output of:

uname -a
lspci
lsmod
free
uptime
hdparm -i /dev/partition
hdparm -I /dev/partition
hdparm -Tt /dev/partition

Where partition is the device where the samba share is mounted.