HELP!! Only some machines connect to samba

HELP!! Only some machines connect to samba

Caroly Arenas
Hi list,

I got a strange problem here, i got 33 machines, all with Windows
2000. The thing is that "some of them connect" others don't, all with
the exact same configuration. Same thing happen with users, some
connect some don't. I have been looking around for a solution and
found nothing.
Please HELP!!!

--
Cároly E. Arenas

Re: HELP!! Only some machines connect to samba

Stéphane Purnelle
Please, more information !!!

What is the error message
It's with the same user

- samba version
- backend type
- OS version (linux, AIX, ...)

--
Stéphane Purnelle <[hidden email]>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be

Re: HELP!! Only some machines connect to samba

Nerijus Baliunas
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:46:38 -0400 Caroly Arenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got a strange problem here, i got 33 machines, all with Windows
> 2000. The thing is that "some of them connect" others don't, all with
> the exact same configuration. Same thing happen with users, some
> connect some don't. I have been looking around for a solution and
> found nothing.

Have you looked at the logs (/var/log/samba)?

Regards,
Nerijus

Re: HELP!! Only some machines connect to samba

Stéphane Purnelle
What us your backend :
- LDAP
- smbpasswd

If you execute pdbedit -Lv user with a user OK and a "bad" user, are
there some difference.

And what is the message from windows client .
HAve you some errors message in samba logs.