Quantcast

GSoC: Welcome Dimitrios

I'm very pleased to introduce Dimitrios Gravanis, who joins us as a
Google Summer of Code student. Dimitrios is assigned the task of
improving Samba DNS client functionality and tests[1].

Please make him feel welcome.

Cheers, David

1. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SoC/Ideas#Improve_libcli.2Fdns

Re: GSoC: Welcome Dimitrios

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 16:06:48 CEST David Disseldorp via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very pleased to introduce Dimitrios Gravanis, who joins us as a
> Google Summer of Code student. Dimitrios is assigned the task of
> improving Samba DNS client functionality and tests[1].
>
> Please make him feel welcome.

Hi Dimitrios,

welcome to the Samba project. I'm the one you can always ask about cmocka
stuff ;)

I think an interesting project to look at is:

https://github.com/crossdistro/netresolve

Cheers,

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             [hidden email]
www.samba.org

Re: GSoC: Welcome Dimitrios

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 04:06:48PM +0200, David Disseldorp via samba-technical wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very pleased to introduce Dimitrios Gravanis, who joins us as a
> Google Summer of Code student. Dimitrios is assigned the task of
> improving Samba DNS client functionality and tests[1].
>
> Please make him feel welcome.
>
> Cheers, David
>
> 1. https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SoC/Ideas#Improve_libcli.2Fdns

Hi Dimitrios, it's really great to have you working with us on
Samba for Summer of Code !

Please let us know if there's any help/advice/reviews you need
to help you along with the project.

Thanks very much for applying to Samba !

Cheers,

        Jeremy.

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 11:55:28PM +0300, Dimitris Gravanis wrote:
> Thank you so much for the warm welcome, as well as for the tips and guidelines!
>

> I’ll do my best to contribute in any way that I can.
>

> Have a great evening,

Feel free to ask any tevent_XXX() API questions here.

The learning curve on tevent can be a little steep,
so don't feel shy about asking questions on how it
works (all the authors live here :-).

Cheers,

        Jeremy.