Quantcast

Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

Samba - General mailing list
I need the unix password for mail. the user should not be able to change
this, if win* password is changed.

In the wiki i have read that you should not mix RSAT and samba-tool
management, thats why i ask.

is there a way to set a unix password after a domain user is created?

 On 20.03.2017 20:45, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:38:09 +0100
> basti via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a Samba AD and use RSAT to manage Users how can I set unix
>> password? Should I use samba-tool for that?
>>
> What do you need the Unix password for?
> If you make your windows users to be also Unix users, then the windows
> password is also the Unix password.

Re: Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

Samba - General mailing list
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:17:00 +0100
basti via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need the unix password for mail. the user should not be able to
> change this, if win* password is changed.

Most Linux mailservers should be able to authenticate with the AD
password, but I suppose you could use the Unix password.

> In the wiki i have read that you should not mix RSAT and samba-tool
> management, thats why i ask.

Where does it say this ?

> is there a way to set a unix password after a domain user is created?

I think you are going to have to write your own script around
ldbmodify/ldapmodify and the unixUserPassword attribute

Re: Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

Samba - General mailing list
I found this one
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-September/194133.html
It's a good point of start.