Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

The following problem:

[root]#kinit administrator
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'DC-STATIC.LUUFORPROS.COM' while
getting initial credentials

A restart of samba.service finally starts krb5kdc:
[root]#systemctrl restart samba

[root]# ps axf |grep krb
 1249 pts/0    S+     0:00              \_ grep --color=auto krb
 1212 ?        S      0:00  |       \_ /usr/sbin/krb5kdc -n

and now:
[root@feddc ~]# kinit administrator
Password for [hidden email]:
[root@feddc ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: [hidden email]

Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
09/26/2017 12:58:37  09/26/2017 22:58:37
krbtgt/[hidden email] renew until
09/27/2017 12:58:27

I need to restart samba.service each time a machine is rebooted.

Is there a method to fix it?

Thanks
Lin

Re: Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Am 26.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb LinforPros IT Solutions via samba:
> I need to restart samba.service each time a machine is rebooted.
>
> Is there a method to fix it?

As you said: It's Fedora 27 _rawhide_. You should report a bug:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
Please don't forget to attach logs, etc.

Regards,
Marc

Re: Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Samba - General mailing list
Hi

You can the try the below command in the terminal

chkconfig --level 35 smb on

Sent from my iPhone

> On 26 Sep 2017, at 8:26 PM, Marc Muehlfeld via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 26.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb LinforPros IT Solutions via samba:
>> I need to restart samba.service each time a machine is rebooted.
>>
>> Is there a method to fix it?
>
> As you said: It's Fedora 27 _rawhide_. You should report a bug:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> Please don't forget to attach logs, etc.
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Re: Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 20:19:03 +0200
Marc Muehlfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you said: It's Fedora 27 _rawhide_. You should report a bug:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> Please don't forget to attach logs, etc.

Ok, I just opened a bug over there. But in the meantime found out that:

Systemctl status samba.service shows the following as well:

feddc samba[658]:   task_server_terminate: [KDC: no network interfaces
configured]

It seems to correspond to samba/source4/kdc/kdc-service-mit.c

/* Load interfaces for kpasswd */
        load_interface_list(task, task->lp_ctx, &ifaces);
        if (iface_list_count(ifaces) == 0) {
                task_server_terminate(task,
                                      "KDC: no network interfaces
configured", false);
                return;
        }

But I have no skills to fix it.

Any hints from anybody?
Thank you
Lin

Re: Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Samba - General mailing list
Hi Lin,

Am 27.09.2017 um 21:02 schrieb LinforPros IT Solutions via samba:
> Ok, I just opened a bug over there. But in the meantime found out that:
>
> Systemctl status samba.service shows the following as well:
>
> feddc samba[658]:   task_server_terminate: [KDC: no network interfaces
> configured]

It sounds like Samba starts before the network is up.

Can you have a look at the *.service file in /usr/lib/systemd/system/
that starts Samba? Does the file contain an "After=" line that tells the
service to start after the network? If not, copy the *.service file to
/etc/systemd/system/ and add the entry, similar to:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Managing_the_Samba_AD_DC_Service_Using_Systemd#Creating_the_systemd_Service_File

Regards,
Marc

Re: Fedora 27 rawhide, samba needs a restart to launch krb5kdc

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 07:17:59 +0200
Marc Muehlfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It sounds like Samba starts before the network is up.

Here is the file
cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/samba.service
[Unit]
Description=Samba AD Daemon
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/run/samba.pid
LimitNOFILE=16384
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/samba
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/samba $SAMBAOPTIONS
ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The original problem aside, I do not understand the line:
Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba

the file /run/samba/krb5cc_samba does not exist while samba is running

But perhaps it is irrelevant?

Thnak you for comments
Lin