Failed verification message

Fabian Cenedese
Hi

We synch between servers, some are NAS with RAIDs, some are
simple Linux servers. Sometimes I get messages like:

WARNING: path/to/file failed verification -- update retained (will try again).

What are the possible reasons for this message? I looked on
the Internet and found old posts about a problem with big files.
I do get this message with big files (GB) but also with small files
(<1MB). Of course if a file is changed while being synched then
a problem is to be expected. But most files are surely not written
at this moment. The error usually only happens once for one
file, the retry or a second synch run okay.

Does this mean that the file content is wrong? Is this a problem
of the connection? What else can be done to improve the reliability
of the backup?

Thanks

bye  Fabi

Re: Failed verification message