FW: Unable to upload printer drivers (confirmed up to samba 4.7.1)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FW: Unable to upload printer drivers (confirmed up to samba 4.7.1)

Samba - General mailing list
Hai Manu,

Small update. After updating my samba 4.6.9 to 4.7.1 ( own packages )
The result is the same fail..., but i do have a success also. Huh?

The following happens.

Test1 If you use a windows ( orignal by windows supplied ) driver.
Result1 Fail.
Sample from the samba log:
[2017/11/07 13:22:42.701653,  0] ../source3/printing/nt_printing.c:1145(move_driver_file_to_download_area)
  move_driver_file_to_download_area: Unable to rename [x64/{FBEB1F49-581B-4460-BE69-5BCE02C76063}/hp_xps_pcl6_color_a_hwcp] to [x64/3/HP_XPS_PCL6_Color_A_HWCP]: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
[2017/11/07 13:22:42.701798,  0] ../source3/rpc_server/spoolss/srv_spoolss_nt.c:8599(_spoolss_AddPrinterDriverEx)
  _spoolss_AddPrinterDriverEx: move_driver_to_download_area failed - WERR_ACCESS_DENIED


Now Test2.
I downloaded the HP universal 6.5 driver from the HP website.
(link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/UPD/4157320/model/4157320 )
Extracted them to a folder and, installed the driver without any problem from my windows 10 pc. (x64)
Result, Success..

The one thing i noticed in the windows driver. hp_xps_pcl6_color_a_hwcp
HP XPS pcl .... ?

Where this "bug" exact resists, i dont know.
But as far i know the HP Universal is not packaged, so maybe thats still related to (close) bug
https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12993
Or
https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12761 
but thats my guess for now.


Sofar,

Greetz,

Louis


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FW: Unable to upload printer drivers

Samba - General mailing list
Hai Manu,

Ok, so even the driver link in the email did not work on win 10 x64?
The one which did work for me?
I can delete that hp up 6.5 driver and re-install it again and again.

Send my regard to your students ;-)

Greetz,

Louis



> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: Manu Baylac [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Verzonden: woensdag 8 november 2017 22:10
> Aan: [hidden email]
> CC: L.P.H. van Belle
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] FW: Unable to upload printer drivers
> (confirmed up to samba 4.7.1)
>
> Hi Louis,
>
>
> Le 07/11/2017 à 14:23, L.P.H. van Belle via samba a écrit :
>
>
> Sorry for the late response.
>
> > Small update. After updating my samba 4.6.9 to 4.7.1 ( own
> packages )
> > The result is the same fail..., but i do have a success also. Huh?
>
> For me too, tested at least 30 times and i don't know why but it
> succeeded only once.
>
>
> > Sample from the samba log:
> > [2017/11/07 13:22:42.701653,  0]
> ../source3/printing/nt_printing.c:1145(move_driver_file_to_dow
> nload_area)
> >    move_driver_file_to_download_area: Unable to rename
> [x64/{FBEB1F49-581B-4460-BE69-5BCE02C76063}/hp_xps_pcl6_color_
> a_hwcp] to [x64/3/HP_XPS_PCL6_Color_A_HWCP]:
> NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
> > [2017/11/07 13:22:42.701798,  0]
> ../source3/rpc_server/spoolss/srv_spoolss_nt.c:8599(_spoolss_A
> ddPrinterDriverEx)
> >    _spoolss_AddPrinterDriverEx:
> move_driver_to_download_area failed - WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
>
> Yes, same for me, the error message change with 4.7 branch.
>
> > Now Test2.
> > I downloaded the HP universal 6.5 driver from the HP website.
> > (link:
> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/UPD/4157320/m
> odel/4157320 )
> > Extracted them to a folder and, installed the driver
> without any problem from my windows 10 pc. (x64)
> > Result, Success..
>
> Ah... i tested several drivers of several models (hp, epson,
> brother...), zip files and .exe with files in temp folders
> and it always
> failed, but all succeeded under w7.
>
> > The one thing i noticed in the windows driver.
> hp_xps_pcl6_color_a_hwcp
> > HP XPS pcl .... ?
>
> Specific drivers for only windows systems that provides advanced
> features (for graphics and color).
>
> > Where this "bug" exact resists, i dont know.
>
> Me too, i will try with type 4 driver with 4.7.
>
> Off topic : about the project that you proposed for my students, very
> nice ideas :-) To not (only) do propaganda, with the argument
> of TCO, we
> created our isolated network only with free software to reproduce the
> network of the school that uses only proprietary solutions.
> For the infrastructure, yes there are hardware switch for
> vlans, but for
> the rest pfsense, proxmox (with openvswitch  and lxc containers), 4
> samba, freenas, glpi and other... and they finally love linux
> an debian :-)
>
> Thanks !
>
> --
> Manu
>
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FW: Unable to upload printer drivers

Samba - General mailing list
        Hi Louis,


Le 10/11/2017 à 12:19, L.P.H. van Belle via samba a écrit :

> Ok, so even the driver link in the email did not work on win 10 x64?
> The one which did work for me?

Rah, sorry i didn't test it. Il will try.

And it's  strange but i sent my last mail to samba list and you in Cc
two days ago, and it never arrived on samba list while i can see in
postfix :

Nov  8 22:09:41 aditu postfix/smtp[23719]: A8F84640A7C:
to=<[hidden email]>, relay=lists-mx.samba.org[144.76.82.147]:25,
delay=7.6, delays=0.28/0.03/3/4.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK
id=1eCXbO-0074Ba-Mm)

And concerning the problem of upload, is it a samba bug ? Or specific
toshiba's driver or w10's one ?


Thanks !

--
Manu



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FW: Unable to upload printer drivers

Samba - General mailing list
Yes, i had that to, when its accepted and its not arriving on the list it seen as spam.

> And concerning the problem of upload, is it a samba bug ? Or specific
> toshiba's driver or w10's one ?

Arg, a combination off all three, imo.
Windows is doing what they want and the rest is following.
Samba trying to catch up on the newer driver type support, they are still working on that.
And all printer manufactuers are changing there driver to the new driver models of windows.
Also due to the security leaks, that had a big impact on the driver deployments.
So its bit searching for the correct version and if your lucky its a short search/test.

But if the latest toshiba isnt working, pm me, and i'll lookup an otherone that i tested about a year ago.
But i have to look them up.

And if the HP universal works, then at least you know that its the driver/samba combination thats the problem.
For that specific driver brand/type your using.

more info : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134171(v=ws.11).aspx 


Best regards,

Louis





> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: Manu Baylac [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Verzonden: vrijdag 10 november 2017 13:32
> Aan: L.P.H. van Belle; [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] FW: Unable to upload printer drivers
>
> Hi Louis,
>
>
> Le 10/11/2017 à 12:19, L.P.H. van Belle via samba a écrit :
>
> > Ok, so even the driver link in the email did not work on win 10 x64?
> > The one which did work for me?
>
> Rah, sorry i didn't test it. Il will try.
>
> And it's  strange but i sent my last mail to samba list and you in Cc
> two days ago, and it never arrived on samba list while i can see in
> postfix :
>
> Nov  8 22:09:41 aditu postfix/smtp[23719]: A8F84640A7C:
> to=<[hidden email]>,
> relay=lists-mx.samba.org[144.76.82.147]:25,
> delay=7.6, delays=0.28/0.03/3/4.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK
> id=1eCXbO-0074Ba-Mm)
>
> And concerning the problem of upload, is it a samba bug ? Or specific
> toshiba's driver or w10's one ?
>
>
> Thanks !
>
> --
> Manu
>
>
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba