FAILURE: unexpected showrepl result

Samba - General mailing list
The morning I ran "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" and found 10 errors
on the DC with the FSMO roles. (Checked the other DC and found the same
10 errors.)

When I run "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix" I am being asked to
"y|N|all|none" questions and not sure what my reply needs to be.

Two Samba 4.5.0 as ADDC's on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. (If that matters.)

The capitalized "N" leads me to believe that this is the default
suggestion, however, do I answer "y" to delete or "N" to not delete?

Not sure what to do?

Help?

--
_______________________________

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

Links:
------
[1] http://www.donelsontrophy.com

Re: FAILURE: unexpected showrepl result

Samba - General mailing list
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:37:19 -0500
Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The morning I ran "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" and found 10 errors
> on the DC with the FSMO roles. (Checked the other DC and found the
> same 10 errors.)
>
> When I run "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix" I am being asked to
> "y|N|all|none" questions and not sure what my reply needs to be.
>
> Two Samba 4.5.0 as ADDC's on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. (If that matters.)
>
> The capitalized "N" leads me to believe that this is the default
> suggestion, however, do I answer "y" to delete or "N" to not delete?
>
> Not sure what to do?
>
> Help?

Just add '--yes' to the command, this will fix the problems without
asking you to confirm each fix ;-)

Re: FAILURE: unexpected showrepl result (SOLVED)

Samba - General mailing list
On 2017-04-17 13:50, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:37:19 -0500
> Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The morning I ran "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" and found 10 errors
>> on the DC with the FSMO roles. (Checked the other DC and found the
>> same 10 errors.)
>>
>> When I run "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix" I am being asked to
>> "y|N|all|none" questions and not sure what my reply needs to be.
>>
>> Two Samba 4.5.0 as ADDC's on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. (If that matters.)
>>
>> The capitalized "N" leads me to believe that this is the default
>> suggestion, however, do I answer "y" to delete or "N" to not delete?
>>
>> Not sure what to do?
>>
>> Help?
>
> Just add '--yes' to the command, this will fix the problems without
> asking you to confirm each fix ;-)
>
> Rowland

As usual, that worked. Thanks Rowland.