Exception with wrong password and error page

Exception with wrong password and error page

Gerard McGovern
Hi,

We currently use jcifs for silent authentication via IE for our corporate Intranet. Moving forward, we need to provide access, secured via SSL, for select users.

The main problem we have is whenever someone enters an incorrect password we get this exception back.

jcifs.smb.SmbException: NT_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
        jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:503)
        jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:603)
        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:223)
        jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:144)
        jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:57)
        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:165)
        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:154)
        jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:196)
        jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)

Any ideas what could be causing that? And second, how can get jcifs to bounce to another page upon entering an incorrect password?

Thanks,

Gerard

--

  º * º * º * º * º * º * º * º
  Gerard McGovern

    w: http://www.inkiboo.com
    t: +44 20 7985 7069
    m: +44 7980 760 228

    aim: inkiboouk | y!: inkiboo | msn: [hidden email]

    "imagination is more important than knowledge"

Re: Exception with wrong password and error page

Michael B Allen-4
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:53:31 -0000
"Gerard McGovern" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently use jcifs for silent authentication via IE for our corporate Intranet. Moving forward, we need to provide access, secured via SSL, for select users.
>
> The main problem we have is whenever someone enters an incorrect password we get this exception back.
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: NT_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
> jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:503)
> jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:603)
> jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:264)
> jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:223)
> jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:144)
> jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:57)
> jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:165)
> jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:154)
> jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:196)
> jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)
>
> Any ideas what could be causing that?

This means that the account associated with the specified domain and
username was not found in the accounts database of the target domain
controller. Double check how these "select users" are represented on
the domain controller (e.g. if they are local accounts the domain name
is the machine name).

Mike

RE: Exception with wrong password and error page

Gerard McGovern
> > Any ideas what could be causing that?
>
> This means that the account associated with the specified domain and
> username was not found in the accounts database of the target domain
> controller. Double check how these "select users" are represented on
> the domain controller (e.g. if they are local accounts the domain name

> is the machine name).

That is odd then because the accounts do 100% exist. This error only
occurs when a password has been entered incorrectly.

It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users, which
has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs authenticates against.

Help!?!?

Re: Exception with wrong password and error page

Michael B Allen-4
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:42:28 -0000
"Gerard McGovern" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users, which
> has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs authenticates against.

The shared folder that jcifs authenticates against?

Why do I get the feeling you're leaving out some important information?

Mike

RE: Exception with wrong password and error page

Gerard McGovern
> > It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users,
> > which has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs
> authenticates against.
>
> The shared folder that jcifs authenticates against?

Yes, as indicated by the following line:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.logonShare</param-name>
      <param-value>Development</param-value>
    </init-param>

> Why do I get the feeling you're leaving out some important
> information?

I have no idea.

As far as I understood it, jcifs worked by passing the details gained
from NTLM and using them to connect to that Shared folder. If it
completed successfully then the user is granted access. If not, it is
rejected.

Re: Exception with wrong password and error page

Michael B Allen-4
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:30:07 -0000
"Gerard McGovern" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > It happens to all users and they are all members of Domain Users,
> > > which has access rights to the shared folder that jcifs
> > authenticates against.
> >
> > The shared folder that jcifs authenticates against?
>
> Yes, as indicated by the following line:
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.logonShare</param-name>
>       <param-value>Development</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> > Why do I get the feeling you're leaving out some important
> > information?
>
> I have no idea.
>
> As far as I understood it, jcifs worked by passing the details gained
> from NTLM and using them to connect to that Shared folder. If it
> completed successfully then the user is granted access. If not, it is
> rejected.

The shared folder thing is not the standard config in which case
you should post all properties and values used. Try the "Production
web.xml example" listed on the NTLM HTTP auth page and see how that
works. If it does not work then you know theres something wrong with
the logonShare setup (ie. try listing the shares on the target server
with the examples/ListFiles.java example).

Mike