Quantcast

Error using the profiles tool

I'm using Samba Version 4.5.8-Debian on a Ubuntu Xenial 64 bit, and I'm
trying to migrate users profiles from an old domain, which is managed by
another primary domain controller with Samba 3.

Both servers are using the roaming profiles, so I transferred profiles to
the new server.
Some user names are changed, so I renamed the profile with the new
username, changed files and ACL permissions, and tried to use the
"profiles" command to change permissions into the NTUSER.DAT file,
obtaining this error:

------------------------------------------------------8<---------------------------------------------------------
root@server:/home/samba/profiles/[new user].V2# profiles -c [OLD SID] -n
[NEW SID] NTUSER.DAT
prs_mem_get: reading data of size 4 would overrun buffer by 4 bytes.
prs_mem_get: reading data of size 4 would overrun buffer by 4 bytes.
prs_mem_get: reading data of size 49632 would overrun buffer by 33360 bytes.
prs_mem_get: reading data of size 49632 would overrun buffer by 33360 bytes.
Bad talloc magic value - unknown value
PANIC: Bad talloc magic value - unknown value
Aborted (core dumped)

The profile is from a Windows 7 client.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!