Enable persistent handles and continuous availability

Enable persistent handles and continuous availability

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
So...

I have thrown some code up on GitLab.  It's there until I manage to set up a
repository on samba.org under my name.  In the mean time:

  [hidden email]:crh/Samba_Persistent_Handles.git

or, just to take a look:

https://gitlab.com/crh/Samba_Persistent_Handles/commits/crh/continuousavailability

The important bits are:
  + Two XML files that provide the descriptions of the new parameters.
  + Default values for the new parameters, set in the appropriate places.
  + One additional field in the connection_struct to indicate whether or not
    continuous availability is active (has been announced) on a given tree
    connect.
  + Changes to smb2_negprot.c and smb2_tcon.c to enforce the rules and set
    the capability bits in the outgoing messages.

I have, of course, tested these changes and they don't seem to introduce any
new or strange problems.

Chris -)-----

Re: Enable persistent handles and continuous availability

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Thanks to whomever it was who fixed the ownership issues on my repository
directory.

I have now created a repository on Samba.org and will probably take down the
GigLab instance as it is no longer needed.  I'll leave it up for a few days.

See: https://git.samba.org/?p=crh/continuousavailability.git
or clone git://git.samba.org/crh/continuousavailability.git

Chris -)-----

On 08/08/2017 12:45 AM, Christopher R. Hertel via samba-technical wrote:

> So...
>
> I have thrown some code up on GitLab.  It's there until I manage to set up a
> repository on samba.org under my name.  In the mean time:
>
>   [hidden email]:crh/Samba_Persistent_Handles.git
>
> or, just to take a look:
>

> https://gitlab.com/crh/Samba_Persistent_Handles/commits/crh/continuousavailability
>
> The important bits are:
>   + Two XML files that provide the descriptions of the new parameters.
>   + Default values for the new parameters, set in the appropriate places.
>   + One additional field in the connection_struct to indicate whether or not
>     continuous availability is active (has been announced) on a given tree
>     connect.
>   + Changes to smb2_negprot.c and smb2_tcon.c to enforce the rules and set
>     the capability bits in the outgoing messages.
>
> I have, of course, tested these changes and they don't seem to introduce any
> new or strange problems.
>
> Chris -)-----

Re: Enable persistent handles and continuous availability

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Chris,

> Thanks to whomever it was who fixed the ownership issues on my repository
> directory.

I did.

> I have now created a repository on Samba.org and will probably take down the
> GigLab instance as it is no longer needed.  I'll leave it up for a few days.
>
> See: https://git.samba.org/?p=crh/continuousavailability.git
> or clone git://git.samba.org/crh/continuousavailability.git

It's good to see some activity in the persistent handle area,
but as this just adds options to announce persistent handles support
without implementing the logic behind it, please keep this in your
private branch until these options are also implemented.

Thanks!
metze