Does anyone know if Group Policy Objects can be used to control share-level ACLs on shares

Does anyone know if Group Policy Objects can be used to control share-level ACLs on shares

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi folks,

I see that GPOs can be used to create shares and modify shares, but
can they be used to control/apply share-level ACLs on shares?

Richard Sharpe
(何以解憂?唯有杜康。--曹操)

Re: Does anyone know if Group Policy Objects can be used to control share-level ACLs on shares

On 08/08/2017 03:45 PM, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I see that GPOs can be used to create shares and modify shares, but
> can they be used to control/apply share-level ACLs on shares?

yes

Re: Does anyone know if Group Policy Objects can be used to control share-level ACLs on shares

On 08/08/2017 03:45 PM, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I see that GPOs can be used to create shares and modify shares, but
> can they be used to control/apply share-level ACLs on shares?

Sorry, hit send too fast.

Yes, they become part of the server object they apply to