Distro History

Samba - General mailing list
Hi all.

We are starting to use Samba4 as active directory and one of our questions
is when a release becomes available in a linux distro. Is it possible to
have this information, like version and release date?

Thanks!

--
André Luiz • Software Engineer

CI&T • Collaborate. Innovate. Transform.

+55 19 2102.4514 • [hidden email] • ciandt.com
[image: logo-email.png]

Re: Distro History

Samba - General mailing list
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:55:47 -0300
Andre Luiz Martins da Silva via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> We are starting to use Samba4 as active directory and one of our
> questions is when a release becomes available in a linux distro. Is
> it possible to have this information, like version and release date?
>
> Thanks!

Not sure I understand the question, but if you want to know when the
different versions of Samba were released and their status, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning

If this isn't what you need, please explain better ;-)

Re: Distro History

Hi Andre,

Am 13.09.2017 um 16:55 schrieb Andre Luiz Martins da Silva via samba:
> We are starting to use Samba4 as active directory and one of our questions
> is when a release becomes available in a linux distro. Is it possible to
> have this information, like version and release date?

This is a question you must ask the distriburion vendors. :-)

Most distributions use MIT Kerberos, while Samba earlier than 4.7 only
supported Heimdal Kerberos.

Samba 4.7 will support the MIT KDC, and during the time, distribution
vendors will start providing Samba packages with AD DC capabilities.

Fedora 27 [1] will be shipped with a "samba-dc" package that provides
Samba AD DC support based on Samba 4.7 and MIT Kerberos.

Regards,
Marc

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Samba_AD