Debian jessie/stretch packages update.

Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

I've updated the repo with the samba packages to the following.

Debian Jessie
RepoName
jessie-backports    : 4.5.8-2 => 4.5.12-2
Jessie  : 4.5.14 Not updated, and only updated again with a security release.
(Jessie-)unstable  : 4.6.8 => 4.6.9

optional, depends on the use, but a 4.7.x for jessie.
Jessie-experimental : If there are enough people are requesting it, a samba 4.7.x ( but low prio atm )
Personaly, i've slowly phasing out the 4.5 samba packages since i have much better results with the 4.6 and 4.7.

Debian Stretch
RepoName
Stretch-backports    : 4.6.7-2  => Undecided.  ( frozen atm )
Frozen repo, because if i follow backports ( debian testing), currently this one wil be updated to 4.7.0
        Thats a change we dont want in production so, for now, if you want higher samba and you are useing stretch-backports of my repo.
        add the stretch repo also for 4.6.9. or stretch-unstable to get 4.7.x
Stretch  : 4.6.8 => 4.6.9
Stretch-unstable  : 4.7.0 => 4.7.1 ( WiP ). (4.7.1 is expected somewere today)

Greetz,

Louis

Debian stretch package samba 4.7.1 now available.

Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

Samba 4.7.1 for Debian Stretch is now available (amd64/i386) through my repo.

Info : http://apt.van-belle.nl

A quick start to use them.
Add my key:
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

# optional, but recommended, gives samba 4.6.7(rebuild debian backports) and 4.6.9, package created from samba.org sources.
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-backports main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

# minimal for samba 4.7.x on stretch
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-unstable main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

apt-get update
new installs, as normal.
apt-get install samba winbind

When upgrading from 4.5/4.6. , use apt-get dist-upgrade
If you upgrade a DC, re-index the database.
samba-tool dbcheck --reindex
Sync messages, dont forget to purge tombstone.

Buildlogs:
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Buildlogs/stretch-unstable/

Greetz,

Louis