Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

 

I’ve setup the samba 4.6.0 for Debian Jessie packages.

Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/  

 

Sources which are not in debian yet.

Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-4.6.0/src/ 

I included the sources changes and buildlogs. So anyone can check or make a own build out of these.

! source not listed here, can be found in debian stretch/sid sources. !

 

For the impatient.

wget http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/samba-4.6.0/samba-460-installer.sh 

edit the samba-460-installer.sh and set the : I_DID_READ_THIS="no” to yes.

Run :  bash samba-460-installer.sh

 

This creates:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/samba-test.list

Content:

deb [trusted=yes] file:/var/www/html/debian/jessie-samba-460 amd64/

 

The trusted=yes is set because these are unsigned packages.

Only the repo packages are signed.

 

All needed packages are found in : /var/www/html/debian/jessie-samba-460/amd64 

 

My output.

apt-cache policy samba

samba:

  Installed: 2:4.5.3+nmu-1

  Candidate: 2:4.6.0-1.1

  Version table:

     2:4.6.0-1.1 0

        500 file:/var/www/html/debian/jessie-samba-460/ amd64/ Packages

     2:4.5.3+nmu-1 0

        500 http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages

     2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u2 0

        500 http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages

        500 http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages

 

 

If you detect bugs/problems etc, please post this to the list.

 

Have fun !

 

 

Greetz,

 

Louis

 

 

 

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 17:42 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai, 
>
>  
>
> I’ve setup the samba 4.6.0 for Debian Jessie packages. 
>
> Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/  

Is there any chance you could join the debian packaging team, to help
get this in to debian experimental, and then unstable?

You have been doing great work on this for some time, and I think that
is the way to unblock the route to maintaining this as a backport.  I
know you were rebuffed on that previously, but if the whole debian
package team is supported better, that problem goes away.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Samba - General mailing list
Le 07/03/2017 à 19:22, Andrew Bartlett via samba a écrit :

> On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 17:42 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
>> Hai,
>>
>>  
>>
>> I’ve setup the samba 4.6.0 for Debian Jessie packages.
>>
>> Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/
> Is there any chance you could join the debian packaging team, to help
> get this in to debian experimental, and then unstable?
>
> You have been doing great work on this for some time, and I think that
> is the way to unblock the route to maintaining this as a backport.  I
> know you were rebuffed on that previously, but if the whole debian
> package team is supported better, that problem goes away.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>
+1


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Hai Andrew,

Sorry, for the late reply.
Yes, that is my goal in the end.
I'll keep makeing the packages for now and post them on the list.
If you or someone else can give me tips on improving the packages even more.
Let me know, then when im ready, then its a small step in joining the packaging team.

I'll go through https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Guidelines 
anything else you can advice me to read?

Best regards,

Louis





> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: Andrew Bartlett [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Verzonden: dinsdag 7 maart 2017 19:23
> Aan: L.P.H. van Belle; [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.
>
> On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 17:42 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> > Hai,
> >
> >
> >
> > I’ve setup the samba 4.6.0 for Debian Jessie packages.
> >
> > Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/
>
> Is there any chance you could join the debian packaging team, to help
> get this in to debian experimental, and then unstable?
>
> You have been doing great work on this for some time, and I think that
> is the way to unblock the route to maintaining this as a backport.  I
> know you were rebuffed on that previously, but if the whole debian
> package team is supported better, that problem goes away.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
> Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
> http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Centos 7 samba 4.6.0 packages

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Any Samba 4.6.0 packages (including src packages) available for Centos 7
yet?

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 15:40 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:

> Hai Andrew, 
>
> Sorry, for the late reply. 
> Yes, that is my goal in the end. 
> I'll keep makeing the packages for now and post them on the list. 
> If you or someone else can give me tips on improving the packages
> even more.
> Let me know, then when im ready, then its a small step in joining the
> packaging team. 
>
> I'll go through https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Guidelines 
> anything else you can advice me to read? 

I think it really works the other way around, you join the mailing
list, help with bugs and propose patches to the package repo.  You
don't need any special rights to do any of that, and I can sponsor
uploads if need be (but others who are more active would be better).

An experimental package for Samba 4.6.0 would be great, so working with
samba-pkg-maint would be the best bet.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-samba-maint
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-samba-maint/

To be clear, this (samba@ isn't the list to get feedback on debian
packaging, but samba-pkg-maint is).

I look forward to seeing you there,

Andrew Bartlett

> Best regards, 
>
> Louis
>
>
>
>
>
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> > Van: Andrew Bartlett [mailto:[hidden email]]
> > Verzonden: dinsdag 7 maart 2017 19:23
> > Aan: L.P.H. van Belle; [hidden email]
> > Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.
> >
> > On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 17:42 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba
> > wrote:
> > > Hai,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I’ve setup the samba 4.6.0 for Debian Jessie packages.
> > >
> > > Found here : http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/
> >
> > Is there any chance you could join the debian packaging team, to
> > help
> > get this in to debian experimental, and then unstable?
> >
> > You have been doing great work on this for some time, and I think
> > that
> > is the way to unblock the route to maintaining this as a
> > backport.  I
> > know you were rebuffed on that previously, but if the whole debian
> > package team is supported better, that problem goes away.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >
> > --
> > Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> > Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
> > Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
> > http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
>
>
>

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Centos 7 samba 4.6.0 packages

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
>> Any Samba 4.6.0 packages (including src packages)
>> available for Centos 7  yet?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source

It's not as difficult as you might suppose.
--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Centos 7 samba 4.6.0 packages

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
I know how to build samba but what I am not as familiar with is
creating rpm packages. I was hoping to find the "official" CentOS
version to start with.

On 03/15/2017 02:57 PM, Miguel Medalha via samba wrote:
>>> Any Samba 4.6.0 packages (including src packages)
>>> available for Centos 7  yet?
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source
>
> It's not as difficult as you might suppose.


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Centos 7 samba 4.6.0 packages

Samba - General mailing list


Am 16.03.2017 um 18:12 schrieb Herb Lewis via samba:
> I know how to build samba but what I am not as familiar with is
> creating rpm packages. I was hoping to find the "official" CentOS
> version to start with.

http://vault.centos.org/7.3.1611/os/Source/SPackages/

you install a src.rpm as your builduser and it will unpack the tarball
and other source files below SOUCRES and the SPEC file below SPECS -
never touch rpmbuild as root

> On 03/15/2017 02:57 PM, Miguel Medalha via samba wrote:
>>>> Any Samba 4.6.0 packages (including src packages)
>>>> available for Centos 7  yet?
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source
>>
>> It's not as difficult as you might suppose

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba