Yesterday afternoon I put into production a Samba 4.6.3 additional domain
controller. AD schema is Server 2012 R2. I have a Server 2008 R2 DC and a
Server 2012 R2 DC. The Windows DCs are namespace servers for a DFS
namespace. This namespace is used in the GPO for redirected folders.
First thing this morning I get a call about a user not having their files
show up and an error message. I discover that they cannot access their
redirected folder on the fileserver server using the namespace, but they
can access it directly through the server's DNS name.
I should have screenshotted the error message, since I can't find where it
would be in the event log now, but I believe it said something about not
having permission to access and then underneath something about an object
Not all my users are using redirected folders, but I was afraid others were
going to start trying to get a hold of me, so I shut the Samba server down,
and that solved the problem.
The client computer (or any of my computers) are not set to use the Samba
DC as a DNS server. The Samba DC is currently in a separate site without
any subnets. The client computer initially used the Server 2008 R2 DC as
it's logon server.
I'm sorry I don't have a lot to go on here, I can't even confirm it was
happening to more than one user since I needed to get things going. I'll
try to do more testing and replicate the issue in a test environment, but
any insight would be helpful.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the