DFS + LDAP

Samba - General mailing list
Hi!
My situation is that I configured samba with ldap authentication, I created
shares and and after I created standalone dfs for these shares. (Everything
is on the same server) I have a client debian with gnome and ldap
authentication, so I can login on this machine with ldap users. My problem
is, if I try to access dfs share with nautilus with the same user, with
which I logged on the machine, I can authenticate but after I dont see the
shares under dfs. If I try with other user, it works. I tried logged in
with other ldap users, but the problem is same: if I log in machine with
user1, and I open share and authenticate with user1 it wont show shares, if
I try to access dfs with user2 etc it work, if I login machine with user2
and access dfs share with user2 it will show nothing, but with user1 I can
see. And one interesting thing, if on the client machine I change the
domain from WORKGROUP to random string and I logged in with user1 on
machine and I access dfs share with user1 it shows me the shares under dfs.
What can be the problem?

Regards, Viktor

Re: DFS + LDAP

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 01:54:49 +0200
béla ballmer via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: béla ballmer via samba <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Samba] DFS + LDAP
> Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 01:54:49 +0200
> Sender: "samba" <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi!
> My situation is that I configured samba with ldap authentication, I
> created shares and and after I created standalone dfs for these
> shares. (Everything is on the same server) I have a client debian
> with gnome and ldap authentication, so I can login on this machine
> with ldap users. My problem is, if I try to access dfs share with
> nautilus with the same user, with which I logged on the machine, I
> can authenticate but after I dont see the shares under dfs. If I try
> with other user, it works. I tried logged in with other ldap users,
> but the problem is same: if I log in machine with user1, and I open
> share and authenticate with user1 it wont show shares, if I try to
> access dfs with user2 etc it work, if I login machine with user2 and
> access dfs share with user2 it will show nothing, but with user1 I
> can see. And one interesting thing, if on the client machine I change
> the domain from WORKGROUP to random string and I logged in with user1
> on machine and I access dfs share with user1 it shows me the shares
> under dfs. What can be the problem?
>
> Regards, Viktor

Can you post your smb.conf and tell us a bit more about your setup, are
the rest of your machines in a domain etc