DC's are still unavailable when PDC halted

DC's are still unavailable when PDC halted

Samba - General mailing list
Cc
Bcc:
Subject: DC's still are unavailable when PDC halted
Hi folks,

I've completely re-installed my DC's and Linux member. I've
followed the docs step-by-step on Samba's wiki page, everything
is works as well.

Here is what I see on my member

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain

192.168.255.98 open-client.wificloud.local open-client

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
options timeout:1
options attempts:2
options rotate
search wificloud.local
nameserver 192.168.255.99
nameserver 192.168.255.100

first check:

# time wbinfo --ping-dc
checking the NETLOGON for domain[WIFICLOUD] dc connection to "open-ldap.wificloud.local" succeeded

real 0m0.017s
user 0m0.012s
sys 0m0.000s

right, seems like it works, shutted down the DC above
(open-ldap), and check again:

# time wbinfo --ping-dc
checking the NETLOGON for domain[WIFICLOUD] dc connection to "open-ldap.wificloud.local" failed
wbcPingDc2(WIFICLOUD): error code was NT_STATUS_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc00000ca)

real 1m4.560s
user 0m0.008s
sys 0m0.004s
# time wbinfo --ping-dc
hecking the NETLOGON for domain[WIFICLOUD] dc connection to "open-ldap2.wificloud.local" succeeded

real 0m40.595s
user 0m0.008s
sys 0m0.008s

okay, it works after sime sleeping... open-ldap bringed up,
open-ldap2 shutted down, check again:

# time wbinfo --ping-dc
checking the NETLOGON for domain[WIFICLOUD] dc connection to "open-ldap2.wificloud.local" failed
wbcPingDc2(WIFICLOUD): error code was NT_STATUS_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc00000ca)

real 0m16.309s
user 0m0.004s
sys 0m0.008s
# time wbinfo --ping-dc
checking the NETLOGON for domain[WIFICLOUD] dc connection to "open-ldap.wificloud.local" succeeded

real 0m1.260s
user 0m0.008s
sys 0m0.004s

well done - it works, but after the DC stops, there are too much
timeout. How can I decrease it?

Thanks,

a.