Compiling VFS Support

Bill Ries
Hello

I'm trying to compile and install Samba with VFS support.  I believe I have it
compiled and installed correctly, but I had to remove the RPM install to get
it to start via /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb which I customized to start the compiled
version of Samba.  However, I'm getting the following error when starting Samba.

[2005/08/25 09:36:51, 0] smbd/server.c:main(839)
  standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Bill

Re: Compiling VFS Support

James Peach-2
On 8/26/05, Bill Ries <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to compile and install Samba with VFS support.  I believe I have it
> compiled and installed correctly, but I had to remove the RPM install to get
> it to start via /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb which I customized to start the compiled
> version of Samba.  However, I'm getting the following error when starting Samba.
>
> [2005/08/25 09:36:51, 0] smbd/server.c:main(839)
>   standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option

This message is not related to VFS support. It just means that smbd is
running in daemon mode even though you didn't specify the -D flag.
Normally you would use -D when invoking smbd from an init script.

--
James Peach | [hidden email]