Combine exclude files

Fabian Cenedese
Hi

I'd like to have a list of excluded items that I can always use
and combine them with job-specific excludes (or generally filters).

Is it possible to use --exclude-from more than once? Do I have
to combine the exclude files into one and give this to rsync?
Is there another possibility (that also works on Windows)?

Thanks

bye  Fabi

Re: Combine exclude files

N.J. van der Horn (Nico)
Hi Fabi,

From the man-page, at the end of FILTER RULES:

---
Note also that the --filter, --include, and --exclude options take one rule/pattern each.
To add multiple ones, you can repeat the options on the command-line,
use the merge-file syntax of the --filter option, or the --include-from/--exclude-from options.
---

This implies that --exclude/include/filter options can be repeated on the commandline.

Hope this helps,
Nico

--
Email handtekening Nico van der Horn
Met vriendelijke groet / With best regards,

Vanderhorn logo

Voorstraat 55
3135 HW Vlaardingen
The Netherlands
   +31 (0)10 - 248 60 60
  www.vanderhorn.nl

Re: Combine exclude files

Fabian Cenedese
At 14:19 25.05.2016, N.J. van der Horn (Nico) wrote:

>Hi Fabi,
>
> From the man-page, at the end of FILTER RULES:
>
>---
>Note also that the --filter, --include, and --exclude options take one rule/pattern each.
>To add multiple ones, you can repeat the options on the command-line,
>use the merge-file syntax of the --filter option, or the --include-from/--exclude-from options.
>---
>
>This implies that --exclude/include/filter options can be repeated on the commandline.

I don't know. As I read this I interpret it that I can repeat single --exclude options,
and for several excludes I can use the --exclude-from option. But it doesn't say
anything about repeated --exclude-from options.

bye  Fabi