[Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
    Below are a few links to youtube clips of games people can play on
Linux, and in the case of Minecraft, it became such a phenomenon that
it spawned many amazing videos and other stuff...

I so enjoy "Diggy Diggy Hole", on so many levels.

If your bored, I hope you enjoy watching them !

ALIEN ARENA GAMEPLAY #1 (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xU_93uaNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAjEZ7iPMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt2ySuDz260
BZFlag Gameplay

UFO Alien Invasion Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qk6XL-sX0

Battle for Wesnoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALuvklR464c

Ark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23LgYxKKjFk

Battle for Wesnoth - Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALuvklR464c
https://beebom.com/best-linux-games/

rigger Rally 0.6.0: Desert Rush [Open Source Racing Game for Linux]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CE7G4TOyI

 Ark Survival Evolved video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuBc7MkqVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3on7u3YNwgo

Minecraft example Survial Let's play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDb_wT6bhZU
   Survial Let's play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXVPB6z7vbs&list=PLCF826CF105A90EC2

Minecraft Songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgk4eXBhKtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcuWKpyUGHo

Minecraft diggy diggy hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0
  The Making of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhOulJ9lo4

 Diggy Diggy Hole (original WOAPA choir version) West Oxfordshire
Academy of Performing Arts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgqkWI0YC5k

HOW TO BE A FAMOUS YOUTUBER (Minecraft Animation) by  CaptainSparklez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efmy8_bi5gg

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
For someone who doesn't game anymore, I've missed looking into the whole minecraft revolution and gaming on *nix in general. It was great to have a look at the current state of play with Steam on Linux and the opensource (not Micro$oft) Minetest we can host ourselves and of course a modern take on the classical Chess.

Not sure if this has been mentioned  on this mailing list in the past (only read the last couple of months archives) but there is the Humble Bundle, pay what you want website who offer drm-free books and games often for Linux with currently a very nice security book bundle on offer at https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley

Cheers,
Chris

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
gamingonlinux.com is a good resource too

On Jul 27, 2017 12:55 AM, "George at Clug via linux" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>     Below are a few links to youtube clips of games people can play on
> Linux, and in the case of Minecraft, it became such a phenomenon that
> it spawned many amazing videos and other stuff...
>
> I so enjoy "Diggy Diggy Hole", on so many levels.
>
> If your bored, I hope you enjoy watching them !
>
> ALIEN ARENA GAMEPLAY #1 (2017)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xU_93uaNE
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAjEZ7iPMU
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt2ySuDz260
> BZFlag Gameplay
>
> UFO Alien Invasion Gameplay
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qk6XL-sX0
>
> Battle for Wesnoth
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALuvklR464c
>
> Ark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23LgYxKKjFk
>
> Battle for Wesnoth - Gameplay
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALuvklR464c
> https://beebom.com/best-linux-games/
>
> rigger Rally 0.6.0: Desert Rush [Open Source Racing Game for Linux]
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CE7G4TOyI
>

>  Ark Survival Evolved video.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuBc7MkqVI
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3on7u3YNwgo
>

> Minecraft example Survial Let's play
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDb_wT6bhZU
>    Survial Let's play
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXVPB6z7vbs&list=PLCF826CF105A90EC2
>
> Minecraft Songs
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgk4eXBhKtM
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcuWKpyUGHo
>

> Minecraft diggy diggy hole
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0
>   The Making of
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhOulJ9lo4
>
>  Diggy Diggy Hole (original WOAPA choir version) West Oxfordshire
> Academy of Performing Arts
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgqkWI0YC5k
>
> HOW TO BE A FAMOUS YOUTUBER (Minecraft Animation) by  CaptainSparklez
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efmy8_bi5gg

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
    Chris,

Some interesting topics in that list of ebooks.

Can these books be downloaded and read off line?  If I am correct you
can download the books as either EPUB or PDF, so I guess the answer is
yes?

What system do you use to read the books, it seems that you can
download either EPUB or PDF files for reading on Linux?

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202712300-Viewing-Your-eBook-Files-On-Your-Reading-Device#Linux
Linux:
Please check the Ubuntu software center for the best Comic viewing
options. Or your Linux distribution's software repository or package
manager.
-------------------------

EBOOK FORMATS EXPLAINED

        * EPUB - The EPUB format is supported by most non-Amazon devices
including the Nook and the iPad (using iBooks). If you have an Android
device, you can install an app that will let you view EPUB files. It
is also possible to view EPUB files on a PC by downloading an
appropriate application.
The books do seem interesting reading. Have you read any yourself? I
am wondering if you can vouch for their content? I have listened to
some content on the topic, but it was very much missing the detail.

George.

At Sunday, 30-07-2017 on 09:32 Chris Turton via linux wrote:

For someone who doesn't game anymore, I've missed looking into the
whole minecraft revolution and gaming on *nix in general. It was great
to have a look at the current state of play with Steam on Linux and
the opensource (not Micro$oft) Minetest we can host ourselves and of
course a modern take on the classical Chess.

Not sure if this has been mentioned  on this mailing list in the
past (only read the last couple of months archives) but there is the
Humble Bundle, pay what you want website who offer drm-free books and
games often for Linux with currently a very nice security book bundle
on offer at https://www.humblebundle.com/books/cybersecurity-wiley

Cheers,
Chris

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
Hey George,

Personally, I've never bought anything through them so far, but this bundle has me contemplating doing so. Many of the books are  several years old but appear to be some of the notable works from the field including some well known individuals such as Bruce Schneier and Kevin Mitnick.

I'd look at the .epub version where available as I know there are some FOSS apps for Linux to read them such as Calibre. This also supports export to .pdf if you need to.

I also believe you can contribute to non-US charities rather than the default ones.

Regs,
Chris

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
P.S. I would most likely use iBooks to read them from my iPhone for convenience but to have the master copy downloaded to my Linux rig.

===
Sent from my iPhone

Re: [Clug] Linux games

Samba - linux mailing list
Some more Linux gaming resources for those interested...

https://lutris.net/ - Lutris is a platform that supports native & wine games in
one client.  Haven't tried this myself but it looks promising if you're not tied
to FOSS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/ - /r/linux_gaming is a good resource for
news & questions.

https://obsproject.com/ - for anyone interested in content creation, OBS is an
incredible tool for broadcasting & recording.  It's pretty easy to use and since
its rewrite it works great natively on Linux.

I stream Wine games through native OBS with almost Windows-like performance,
which is crazy to me.  None of this was possible like two years ago.