Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Samba - General mailing list
hi all,

I joined a Windows 10 client to a NT domain. The client has been joined
to an Active Directory controller before. The join to NT domain is
successful, but later users can't connect. The error is: "5719 RPC
server unavailable".

Is this issue maybe linked to the "important notes" at page:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)
?

Is it possible to join a client to AD, and than join it to a NT domain
with a different name?

Do I need to wipe some memory from the client?

thank you,

Francesco

Re: Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Samba - General mailing list
my bad.

I can confirm it can be done, at least when NT domain name is different.
Sorry for the noise,

ciao,

Francesco

Re: Client join to AD and then to NT: is it possible?

Is this a "classic" samba domain or an actual domain with a Windows NT4
domain controller?

I am presuming you did the following
     Remove the client from the AD domain (change back to workgroup mode.)
     Update registry for signorseal requirements for an NT domain
     Joined the client to the NT domain.

On the server side, what is the min and max protocol (server protocol)
settings?     Windows 10 won't support SMB3 in a classic samba domain.
And in fact, I can't even get Windows 7 / Windows 2008 servers to
properly work with SMB2 enabled.        My samba servers (classic
domain) have following settings to only use SMB1 (aka NT1

         server min protocol = NT1
         server max protocol = NT1

You MIGHT also be able to set

         server min protocol = NT1